Poll: Which one looks awesomer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one looks awesomer?
B.C. Rich NJ Deluze Warbeast
29 12%
Schecter C-7 Hellraiser FR
214 88%
Voters: 243.
Page 1 of 3
No, i'm not an idiot, I know you shouldn't buy a guitar cause it looks cool. However, I have come across an odd dilema. I have $5000 limit to spend on music, $1000 of which I have chosen to spend on a new guitar for yours truly. After months of measuring and weighing, I have come down to two choices. My playing style is metal, and I will be playing through a Marshall JVM410H Head and an MC412A Cab (although I am seriously considering instead getting either a 2203KK Kerry King Signature head or a Bugera 333XL-212 Head, which comes with a footswitch and 3 channels).
The reason I am torn between two guitars for there looks is because they both have very similar specs: Mahagony body, 24 frets, EMG pickups, Original Floyd Rose. Whichever guitar I buy, it will be getting Seymour Duncan AHB1 Blackouts. Period. They simply sound fuller, thicker, and livelier than EMGs. Here they are:

B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Warbeast ($750)

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser FR ($1000)

Please don't take anything into consideration except for the looks, otherwise I will ignore you.
Last edited by tehguitarnub at Nov 21, 2008,
Looks like the same guitar twice. Please fix your images so I know what I'm voting and don't give you bad advice that makes us both sad.

Edit; Nevermind, fixed. Anyway, easily the Schecter. Never been big on the BC Rich "war____" shapes.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Both are ugly dude
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
The Schecter looks awesome.

The other guitar is kool too.

But the color is really nice on the Schecter. And it's awesome looking.
the schecter looks better in every way except for the seventh "im not good enough at guitar so ill relegate myself to a rythym only and almost semi bass player" string.
oh yeah mom and dad cant buy your skill for you and if youre used to having things easily provided you probably dont have the grit for rock and roll. maybe buy a harmonica?
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Nov 21, 2008,
im sick of strat-shaped guitars
even though it might not be exactly strat-shaped its very similar and that frustrates me
Quote by edge11
Both are ugly dude

This is coming from some who uses an ESP F series. Helpful comments only, dumbass. In your case, F is for Faggot.
the shecter. Never like the war looks anyway, like ^
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
and... screw the douche who made the comment about 7-strings... john petrucci, joe satriani, steve vai, etc. didn't relegate themselves to rhythm mr. dumbcrap... a 7-string can add a huge amount of versatility, so get some new brains (and balls)
Quote by Travlembo
and... screw the douche who made the comment about 7-strings... john petrucci, joe satriani, steve vai, etc. didn't relegate themselves to rhythm mr. dumbcrap... a 7-string can add a huge amount of versatility, so get some new brains (and balls)

way to site all artists that made their name and style and sound on standard six strings you moron.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
the schecter looks better in every way except for the seventh "im not good enough at guitar so ill relegate myself to a rythym only and almost semi bass player" string.
oh yeah mom and dad cant buy your skill for you and if youre used to having things easily provided you probably dont have the grit for rock and roll. maybe buy a harmonica?

Wow, that was really wrong. I've been playing for 3 years (i'm only 13), my dad plays, and my moms plays acoustic. I didn't ask for you opinion about me, I asked for your opinion about these guitars' appearance. And reviewing the way you judge 13 year olds because his parents are fortunate enough to be able to afford such expensive equipment for their son, i'm guessing you aren't very mature. However, i'm certain that when I get to be your age, I will be MUCH more skilled than you are, so shove it, buddy.
The Warbeast is tacky. If you aren't br00tal enough to make your audience die inside with a mere gaze, you try to fake it with a guitar like that... and look like a dork. The Hellraiser has some class.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
^ (@mcanton) your an idiot of you think having a 7th string means you suck and can only play rhythm.

but im confused TS, do you want a 7 string or not? the choice is clear after you decide that.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Quote by Free to Guitar
The Warbeast is tacky. If you aren't br00tal enough to make your audience die inside with a mere gaze, you try to fake it with a guitar like that... and look like a dork. The Hellraiser has some class.

You must go to Harvard, because that was the first well-stated opinion i've read in weeks.
Quote by tehguitarnub
Wow, that was really wrong. I've been playing for 3 years (i'm only 13), my dad plays, and my moms plays acoustic. I didn't ask for you opinion about me, I asked for your opinion about these guitars' appearance. And reviewing the way you judge 13 year olds because his parents are fortunate enough to be able to afford such expensive equipment for their son, i'm guessing you aren't very mature. However, i'm certain that when I get to be your age, I will be MUCH more skilled than you are.

first of all son once you get to a certain point its not about skill its about soul. mom and pop cant buy you soul either. one more thing, you are insane (i mean stupid but im trying to be polite) to be buying a half stack for home use (or bar or club or gym use for that matter). quit wasting your parents money.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
first of all son once you get to a certain point its not about skill its about soul. mom and pop cant buy you soul either. one more thing, you are insane (i mean stupid but im trying to be polite) to be buying a half stack for home use (or bar or club or gym use for that matter). quit wasting your parents money.

God you're an asshole.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton

Please don't call me "son", you sound like more of an old prick now than you did in your first post. "It's not about skill?" You were the one who mentioned skill in the first place when you said something about what my mother and father can and can't buy. If it's not too late already, don't turn yourself into a moron. And i'm heavily involved with my schools musical events, that's why I need something more powerful. I'm half-expecting you not to reply to this because I can't imagine what kind of retarded argument you could pull out of your ass next.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton

oh yeah mom and dad cant buy your skill for you

Quote by MichaelOfCanton
its not about skill its about soul. mom and pop cant buy you soul

(*cough cough*)
Seriously Canton, get off the kids back. If he wants a seventh string, let him have it. If he can use it in a certain way it eliminates the need for a bassist, so it's not a "no-talent string", so shut the hell up already. You may be skilled, but I've corrected my guitar teacher who's been playing since the 60's a few times, so age and time playing aren't always a factor. Get outta here before you make more of an ass of yourself.

Quote by tehguitarnub
Please don't call me "son", you sound like more of an old prick now than you did in your first post. "It's not about skill?" You were the one who mentioned skill in the first place when you said something about what my mother and father can and can't buy. If it's not too late already, don't turn yourself into a moron. And i'm heavily involved with my schools musical events, that's why I need something more powerful. I'm half-expecting you not to reply to this because I can't imagine what kind of retarded argument you could pull out of your ass next.

you dont need anything more powerful. power comes from the fingers. youre overspending on equipment you dont need. if the guitar you have isnt buzzing loud enough to be heard through the amp and if youre not fretting out (probably cant with those weak hands) on bends then its not time to upgrade. a guitar isnt going to make your playing any more powerful than a pickup swap on any guitar that can fit a humbucker in the bridge would. good luck with finding the sweet spot between zero and .5 on the volume of that amp head youre getting.
Quote by necrosis1193
Seriously Canton, get off the kids back. If he wants a seventh string, let him have it. If he can use it in a certain way it eliminates the need for a bassist, so it's not a "no-talent string", so shut the hell up already. You may be skilled, but I've corrected my guitar teacher who's been playing since the 60's a few times, so age and time playing aren't always a factor. Get outta here before you make more of an ass of yourself.

never said seven strings were usless. they are however only usefull to somebody who can play six string in the first place. i was simply recommending that the kid not over complicate things early on with a seventh string or by trying to become a "seven string only" kind of guy. quit making a fool of yourself by assuming that im wrong just because im rude.
Maybe you would be able to get your point out clearer if you simply weren't a jerk.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
you dont need anything more powerful. power comes from the fingers. youre overspending on equipment you dont need. if the guitar you have isnt buzzing loud enough to be heard through the amp and if youre not fretting out (probably cant with those weak hands) on bends then its not time to upgrade. a guitar isnt going to make your playing any more powerful than a pickup swap on any guitar that can fit a humbucker in the bridge would. good luck with finding the sweet spot between zero and .5 on the volume of that amp head youre getting.

Wow, stubborn and coming back for more. The more and more that you argue about the new head i'm getting, the more and more you sound like you're jealous of me. You have no idea how skilled I am, for all you know, I am more skilled than you. For all you know, I could grow up to be more famous than Hendrix himself. But you DON'T KNOW ME. Next time you start a fight with a 13 year old kid on a guitar forum, make sure you actually have some legitimate arguments.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
never said seven strings were usless. they are however only usefull to somebody who can play six string in the first place. i was simply recommending that the kid not over complicate things early on with a seventh string or by trying to become a "seven string only" kind of guy. quit making a fool of yourself by assuming that im wrong just because im rude.

I never said rude = wrong, did I? Plenty of rude people were right. Democrats in 2000 and 2004, Keith Olberman, Pete Townshend at Woodstock when that guy jumped onstage, Slash on Chinese Democracy, plenty of rude people are right. But from the same cue your all-out bashing, and also from the same cue, rude =/= right.

I suppose your right he shouldn't become 7-string only, but still, in theory he already has a six-string. I manage to play my acoustic, HH guitar and strat in one day usually, I assume he can play six and seven string daily.

Quote by tehguitarnub
Wow, stubborn and coming back for more. The more and more that you argue about the new head i'm getting, the more and more you sound like you're jealous of me. You have no idea how skilled I am, for all you know, I am more skilled than you. For all you know, I could grow up to be more famous than Hendrix himself. But you DON'T KNOW ME. Next time you start a fight with a 13 year old kid on a guitar forum, make sure you actually have some legitimate arguments.

legitimate statement 1 schecter lools better 1.5 by deduction the bc is overstated 2 a seven string complicates things for a striving beginner and oversimplifies basic rythym causing an artifical plateau in playing skill 3 a half stack is only usefull in situations when a PA is needed anyway 3.5 IMO the sound of 15 watts breaking up is better and plenty enough (with tubes anyway) to keep up with a drummer and bassist 4 most importantly you are wasting money on things you dont need just because your parents are letting you have it. nothing wrong with parents letting you have things but a nice little combo and a pickup upgrade on a guitar you feel is comfortable would get the job done with much less money. does that help you read through the cynical nature of my posts?
one more thingif i had that kind of money to drop on a new rig id get a bc rich mockingbird st and new pickups for it and a bogner alchemist combo. way better sounding and cheaper. your welcome in advance.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
legitimate statement 1 schecter lools better 1.5 by deduction the bc is overstated 2 a seven string complicates things for a striving beginner and oversimplifies basic rythym causing an artifical plateau in playing skill 3 a half stack is only usefull in situations when a PA is needed anyway 3.5 IMO the sound of 15 watts breaking up is better and plenty enough (with tubes anyway) to keep up with a drummer and bassist 4 most importantly you are wasting money on things you dont need just because your parents are letting you have it. nothing wrong with parents letting you have things but a nice little combo and a pickup upgrade on a guitar you feel is comfortable would get the job done with much less money. does that help you read through the cynical nature of my posts?

Responses to "legitimate" statements:
1 and 1.5: Why didn't you just say that and get the hell out of here instead of making yourself look like a dick by picking a fight with a 13 year old?
2: Buddy, it's just another string that let's you play lower notes. How God damn complicated can it get? Of course, i'm not you, so I don't know.
3: Buddy, it's just a half stack. No one said anything about preamps.
3.5: (What does IMO mean?) I am not playing with a drummer or a bassist, I am playing with an orchestra (occasionally a choir). I am not in a band yet.
4: Some call it wasting money, others call it trying their best to get the experience and grasp of a professional guitarist as soon as possible.
Quote by tehguitarnub
Responses to "legitimate" statements:
1 and 1.5: Why didn't you just say that and get the hell out of here instead of making yourself look like a dick by picking a fight with a 13 year old?
2: Buddy, it's just another string that let's you play lower notes. How God damn complicated can it get? Of course, i'm not you, so I don't know.
3: Buddy, it's just a half stack. No one said anything about preamps.
3.5: (What does IMO mean?) I am not playing with a drummer or a bassist, I am playing with an orchestra (occasionally a choir). I am not in a band yet.
4: Some call it wasting money, others call it trying their best to get the experience and grasp of a professional guitarist as soon as possible.

1 thats what i did say before i got flamed for badmouthing seven strings
2 thats like saying a banjo and a guitar are as close toghether in feel as a guitar and a seven string its too bulky for learing the fundamentals
3 halfstack=mega volume only=usless for anything but rock concerts and its In My Opinion and sweet jesus will you ever squash a a whole orchresta and quior together with that halfstack
4 the experience of guitar has nothing to do with comfort. expensive guitars just feel nicer. its like saying jeff gordon wouldnt do as good if he had an uncomfortable steering wheel and pedals or that you could drive nascar if you just got into one and had acess to the same equipment. (shoulda used F1 as an example as im sure you will flame the redneckness of nascar)
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
1 thats what i did say before i got flamed for badmouthing seven strings
2 thats like saying a banjo and a guitar are as close toghether in feel as a guitar and a seven string its too bulky for learing the fundamentals
3 halfstack=mega volume only=usless for anything but rock concerts and its In My Opinion and sweet jesus will you ever squash a a whole orchresta and quior together with that halfstack
4 the experience of guitar has nothing to do with comfort. expensive guitars just feel nicer. its like saying jeff gordon wouldnt do as good if he had an uncomfortable steering wheel and pedals or that you could drive nascar if you just got into one and had acess to the same equipment. (shoulda used F1 as an example as im sure you will flame the redneckness of nascar)

1: What does that tell you about badmouthing sevenstrings?
2: In my eyes, and likely the eyes of many others, guitars and seven strings are very, VERY similar. The only difference is that the seven string has, well, an additional string. As for "learning the fundamentals", i'm assuming you meant learning the fundamentals of guitar playing. I've been playing for three years, I think I have learned about enough. The bulkiness I will get used to.
3: No response, other than that, when a combo amp isn't enough to play in front of hundreds of people, what do you do?
4: While comfort doesn't affect sound or skill or whatever you were refferering to, it sure as hell helps. (by the way, since you already referred to the redneckness of Nascar, my work is done).
2. I'm going to side with the kid here(no offense, it's just shorter than your name. ).
3. I'm siding with Canton here; I'm a big supporter of driven tube combos in the big-clean-stack vs. driven-low-medium-wattage-combo argument.
4. I can play fine on my strat. I tried a friends Squier Affinity. I played awful. While you can play well on cheap guitars, from the same cue you are going to play better on a more comfortable guitar.

Quote by MichaelOfCanton

Someone sounds bitter about their childhood. Go tell the guys from Meshuggah that more strings is a crutch. They invented their sound on 7 and 8 String guitars. Those guys are amazing musicians and machines at what they do.

That BC Rich is hideous, the schecter is perfect. It's your tone that makes you brutal not how many pointy wings are on your guitar.

And TS if you want blackouts why don't you check out the Schecter Blackjack ATX Series, pretty much a hellraiser with blackouts.

And personally a half stack is kinda dumb unless your gigging a ton. A 5150 combo would suit you perfect.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Nov 21, 2008,
Hey.

IMO, the B.C. Rich owns in terms of "looks".

I think that people aren't paying attention to what you've said and are just going for the guitar that maybe plays better.

Yeah the Schecter has an insanely cool paint job, although I bet with the budget you are on you could buy the B.C. Rich and put a custom paint job on it, that wouldn't cost too much, am I right?

[:
Besides, go for whichever you prefer, the guitar you want to buy shouldn't be determined by others, play both of them, and choose which one you think looks the nicest
Quote by which ones pink
The Schecter has class, while the BCR is just tacky.

THIS

I would recommend this 7 String if you like Blackouts:

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus w/ '60s neck
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
Quote by ominous24

That's nice, may I ask how that is relevant?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Warnings handed out where necessary. Keep it civilized, people.

Just a side note regarding half stacks- there's really nothing wrong with them. The larger transformers and power sections in louder amps give them a very different bass response than a 30 watt amp and a vastly different feel, even at the same volumes. So if you can get away with a half stack and it's the sound you want, why not?
IMO both look like awesome guitars. The BC Rich is well, a BC Rich It looks epic, and I for one wouldn't mind owning one. As long as you can play to back up the looks of the guitar, you won't look like a douche lol. The schecter is awesome in its own way, it has that classy look, but it's still metal. Personally I'd take the BC Rich if I had that type of money.
More expensive the guitar, generally the better the quality, meaning better playability durability etc.
lol @ "power comes from the fingers" and every comment about soul. You sound like the guy from Crossroads lol
and lastly, I think it's awesome that his parents would pay for all that. Hope you enjoy whatever guitar you end up getting.
Page 1 of 3