Wow, I dont know why I always thought this, but is the 10 band 18v? and is it DC or AC? for some reason I always thought it was 9v AC, but I just looked at the power supply for it on MF, and noticed it said 18v DC.........have I really been wrong all this time? If so......man......just....wow....I feel dumb.....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
18v DC is probably the same as 9v AC because I know AC takes less volts to give out the same power because Tesla was smarter thane Edison. I'm pretty sure all pedals are 9v AC though at least all of them that I've seen are.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Quote by H_ngm_n
I know AC takes less volts to give out the same power because Tesla was smarter thane Edison.

haha, forgot all about that....man, I am slipping. So you're saying that 18v DC would work? Like if I am lookingto get the VooDoo Labs Pedal Power 2+, the Y-cable method would work on this?

Anyone else....I feel like a small part of me just died....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The 10-band should come with the adapter itself.

It is 18V DC, and the output/input is different.

I/P: 120VAC, 60hz, 7W
O/P: 18VDC, 80mA

Standard 9V AC are as follows

I/P: 120VAC, 60hz, 6W
O/P: 9VAC, 200mA

I'm no electric major, but I believe the difference could do something horrible like fry the pedal. I wouldn't try a 9V AC adapter (like any normal Boss/Ibanez one).
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
Straight from the MusiciansFriend page:

"Powers 18V pedals via optional cable"

I haven't had experience with the Pedal Power, although I'm considering it as my next purchase. From what I see, though, you could use that specific cable (bought separately) to power the pedal.
Amps

Guitar

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
Yea, I saw that too.....sweet. Glad I got that cleared up.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Yea, I saw that too.....sweet. Glad I got that cleared up.

Yea you can, it's a 10 dollar cable, getting one of those Pedal power's for christmas, their sick!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
Yea you can, it's a 10 dollar cable, getting one of those Pedal power's for christmas, their sick!

I am hoping for the same. Economy permitting. Though, it feels a bit unfair being 20 years old and still getting Christmas presents.....

I don't know. I feel like it's cheating. But hey, it would probably just be the PP2+ and a few bucks. I don't need much, I am a simple kind guy, but not Forrest Gump simple.... I can put those dollars towards the 10 band then.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
A bit off topic but you guys are wasting time with those 10 band floor pedals. They tend to be overpriced, you could get a 31 band 2 channel rack eq with low and high pass filters for the same price.
Quote by 1337void
A bit off topic but you guys are wasting time with those 10 band floor pedals. They tend to be overpriced, you could get a 31 band 2 channel rack eq with low and high pass filters for the same price.

31 bands lol. that's more bands than at Mayhem Fest, ZING!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by 1337void

Do you mean the radio shack one? If so.....God, I don't think I would ever find one tone for me....I'd find like 1234234567325678565623452......that many...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
actually it would be around 285 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 sounds (minimum difference between sounds being 2 db per slider ) but thats close enough
damn.....my math was a bit off...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by 1337void
actually it would be around 285 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 sounds (minimum difference between sounds being 2 db per slider ) but thats close enough

I like the second one best though.
That many different sounds would keep me tweaking forever.
I think I'll consider it when I start a rack setup.
Amps

Guitar

Effects and Etc.
I was thinking have rack gear for only certain things, then keeping my combo and pedals. For example, having a rack EQ, noise supressor......not sure what else....maybe the real Sonic Maximizer eventually....

but that's all in the future.....I dont have the cash for all that now...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I got the radioshack EQ for ****s'n giggles a while back, I don't recommend it for serious sound applications. That thing sucks tone hard.
WTLTL 2011
Ah, gotcha Mark. THAT is the one i was thinking of.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by H_ngm_n
18v DC is probably the same as 9v AC because I know AC takes less volts to give out the same power because Tesla was smarter thane Edison. I'm pretty sure all pedals are 9v AC though at least all of them that I've seen are.

9V DC*

putting AC into a 9v pedal wouldnt likely be pretty
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.