Poll: Who do you think will win the FIFA World Cup 2010?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who do you think will win the FIFA World Cup 2010?
Spain
1 13%
England
1 13%
Germany
1 13%
Italy
0 0%
Netherlands
1 13%
France
0 0%
Brazil
0 0%
Argentina
0 0%
Portugal
1 13%
Other
3 38%
Voters: 8.
Page 1 of 2
so i searched and only found a qualification thread, and it was only for european countries, so i have decided to make a general thread about the world cup that is being taken place in south africa, in 2010.

personally, i have always wanted to watch a world cup game in a stadium, so i have decided to go to south africa with a few friends to watch this wonderful event.

is anyone one deciding to go, and which teams would you like to see win the world cup?

personally, since i am korean, i would like to see south korea do well, but if not, i think either spain or holland will be very successful.

EDIT: if you also have a fantasy team on the fifa world cup site, join my league. the code is 11258-1966.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Last edited by fli.pansy at Nov 21, 2008,
What a love about soccer is that its very unpredictable.
In other sports you kinda always know which team is better overall but in soccer anything can happen.
Canada for the win for sure

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Quote by Awaken
Canada for the win for sure

hahaha
soccer would be good if they didnt fake all the time

i cant even watch it cause of all the dives they take...it ****in wrecks the game
if they were all hard at the ball and didnt fake they wouldnt need a free kick cause theyd prolly get past their opponent

i mean look what happened to australia when that guy from italy faked in the square and we lost the game!
grrrrrrr!
Quote by geetar_man0
soccer would be good if they didnt fake all the time

i cant even watch it cause of all the dives they take...it ****in wrecks the game
if they were all hard at the ball and didnt fake they wouldnt need a free kick cause theyd prolly get past their opponent

i mean look what happened to australia when that guy from italy faked in the square and we lost the game!
grrrrrrr!

i really can't stand italy either. and france should have won world cup 2006, but everyone knows that.
I agree, dives are ruining football (soccer). But I suppose we'll just have to live with it. This is also a good excuse for us Aussies to have a whinge about the Italians. Bloody Italians...
I'm considering going also, i'll be graduating from university in 2010 so i'm trying to convince my parents to send me as a graduation present! I would love to visit South Africa anyway.

But being from the U.S. I would love to see us have a good run like we did in 2002, if it weren't for Frings we would've been in the final! I was born in Germany though, so i can't stay too bitter, and i'd love to see em win.

I also think Holland has a hell of a chance, they have some real top-notch players these days...
"Your just a monkey in a monkey suit, aww yeah!"-Piebald "Long Nights"
italy is gunna win.
Quote by Julz127
I don't actually use toilet paper, I use sweet chili sauce and sandpaper, cause I'm a man.
Quote by insanitybreed
I agree, dives are ruining football (soccer). But I suppose we'll just have to live with it. This is also a good excuse for us Aussies to have a whinge about the Italians. Bloody Italians...

i tend to just not watch it anymore
i lost interest in it when i was old enough to understand that they were diving...which is quite young!

and i know those damn italians!!!!!!!!!!
My friend was annoyed and was going to hit me for calling Christiano Ronaldo a pussy crybaby diver.
Scotland are going to win it.

We'll rally the troops, thrash Holland home and away and go on an amazing run where he destroy everyone.

Then we'll beat Argentina in the final as revenge for Wednesdays friendly loss.

Either that or we'll lose to Holland and not qualify.
Argentina will win it all. Leo Messi is too good for this sport at the moment. Lucky he's in Barca. Woohoo.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Spain is going to win the World Cup this time.

It is inevitable.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Seryaph
Spain is going to win the World Cup this time.

It is inevitable.

Spain vs Argentina in the final would be awesome. And Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol and Bojan scores. Messi scores 4. Spain 4. And then Sergio Ramos scores an own goal and gets a red card for sheer amusement from the referee. That would be awesome.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Spain vs Argentina in the final would be awesome. And Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol and Bojan scores. Messi scores 4. Spain 4. And then Sergio Ramos scores an own goal and gets a red card for sheer amusement from the referee. That would be awesome.

Please.

Ramos is the wall that will break anything Messi tries. And everyone knows that anything that gets by Ramos will be stopped by Casillas.

By the way, I heard that Maradona is going to be the head coach for the Argentine team. Is that true?
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Cadj

We'll rally the troops, thrash Holland home and away and go on an amazing run where he destroy everyone.

I hope so, it's been so long I can't even imagine what it would be like watching the mighty Scots at a world cup
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Seryaph
Please.

Ramos is the wall that will break anything Messi tries. And everyone knows that anything that gets by Ramos will be stopped by Casillas.

By the way, I heard that Maradona is going to be the head coach for the Argentine team. Is that true?

He was appointed a month ago.

He won his first game on Wednesday agaisnt us 1-0.

EDIT:
Quote by Bendybaws
I hope so, it's been so long I can't even imagine what it would be like watching the mighty Scots at a world cup

I remember being 7 and watching Scotland play Brazil in '98 on my 7th birthday when we played so well.

Cheering like mad when Collins scored that penalty.

Then that idiot Tom Boyd scoring an OG near the end
Quote by Seryaph
Please.

You seen Ramos and Casillas lately? Have you seen Messi lately?
I doubt it. They are horrible.
Brazil look sharp. 6-2 v portugal in a friendly. elano's goal was amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vKq9fPtfgw 7:50 for elano's goal.
I think that England will not win it this time either. I think maybe quarter finals.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by Cadj

I remember being 7 and watching Scotland play Brazil in '98 on my 7th birthday when we played so well.

Cheering like mad when Collins scored that penalty.

Then that idiot Tom Boyd scoring an OG near the end

Like wise, I also remember Craig Burley scoring a peach against Norway, or am I mistaken?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Bendybaws
Like wise, I also remember Craig Burley scoring a peach against Norway, or am I mistaken?

He did indeed.

and then we lost 3-0 to Morocco

inb4 this thread gets 257432898 pages long

I'm already here in SA, Polokwane none the less, where they're building a brand new stadium within walking distance of my house. I maybe send pics in week or 2.
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
Quote by crzywhiteboy
What a love about soccer is that its very unpredictable.
In other sports you kinda always know which team is better overall but in soccer anything can happen.

Soccer is my favorite sport EVAR!!!
but....
That statement is the same for every sport. They're called "Cinderella" teams

EDIT: but to add to the convo. GO ENGLAND AND WALES!!!

EDIT 2: Wait....did Wales qualify? Or have any teams even been eliminated yet? That would suck if England or Wales got sacked...
Last edited by Max-Roach at Nov 21, 2008,
If Australia is anything like the last World Cup they are going to be pretty hard to beat.
Finals will be (just like the Eurocup) Germany vs. Spain. I'm hoping that Germany goes all the way... got enough 2nd places by now.

Whatever happens, Italy, Brazil and France won't win it.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by wizards?
I'm predicting Spain to win.

Me too. I've always loved watching Spain play.
Quote by ctb
Me too. I've always loved watching Spain play.

I prefer Italy though, gianluigi buffon is a fucking wall. I think if anything goes to penalties, they'll certainly have an advantage.
Lol, Actually Totti is one of the toughest dudes ive seen in a while. When he broke his leg he just kinda sat on it for a bit, looked down and went "oh" then shuffled around and kinda got up leaned on the trainers shoulder and left. All the other dudes who ive seen break their legs start screaming (which i dont blame them for I would do the same) but for Totti to not be freaking out or anything...thats balls
This is 2 years early....lol..

I'm gonna go for England coz anything could happen in the next two years!
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by Cadj

lol!!

MON THE BOYS!!!!
Since I'm German, I am of course rooting for Germany. They play rubbish right now though...even worse than during the Euro.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Page 1 of 2