http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Lamb_of_God-0401-Mark_Morton.jpg

In the pic zoom in to the bridge pickup, hes using an EMG with the Seymour...
i thought he used the JB for his bridge! His signature- http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Large/000002199.jpg

People say mixing passives and actives suck, but if hes doing it and getting such a tone, its not a bad idea.
Quote by tobysaurus
I got an erection once, it was lovely.

odd i never recognized that... he used to use invader/jazz according to old issue of GW before the sig which he used 59's..
Yea thats what i thought !! I idolise the way this guy plays, nd i never thought he used EMG's !!! I bought my JB because of him !
Quote by tobysaurus

I read somewhere he just put the emg pickup cover on so his sweat wouldn't drip into the pickup. He's always used passive SD's of some kind. Either Invader/59 or 59/59.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Thank ****in god! I got scared thinking "****, Morton jumped into the EMG bandwagon too!!!"..
Quote by tobysaurus

Quote by cob1712
Thank ****in god! I got scared thinking "****, Morton jumped into the EMG bandwagon too!!!"..

I remember people asking him about using actives and he said it was still a passive but he just used the cover to protect it from sweat from his picking hand. Can't find where i read that though.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
WOO !!! lucky man !!!
Quote by tobysaurus

Quote by cob1712

lol. he uses blackouts now..
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
he does ???? .. now im confused. and betrayed !!! Mark ****in Morton im gonna kill you.
Quote by tobysaurus

Why do you care what pickup he uses, you should choose pickups based on how they sound not who uses them. It's not like you'll magically become Mark Morton just because you have the same pickups.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
lol,i know. but i saw an interview of his where hes against actives, so i thought wtf ?!
Quote by tobysaurus

Quote by Firewind Raging
Why do you care what pickup he uses, you should choose pickups based on how they sound not who uses them. It's not like you'll magically become Mark Morton just because you have the same pickups.

+1

It scares me how obsessed people get about this kind of thing, I can understand people buying similar equipment to get a similar sound to an artist, but stuff like this..

Yea thats what i thought !! I idolise the way this guy plays, nd i never thought he used EMG's !!! I bought my JB because of him !

...is kind of over the top.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
AND also because they are good !!
Quote by tobysaurus

Quote by cob1712
AND also because they are good !!

The JB? Overhyped, not to mention every other mid-high range metal guitar has one.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Why would it matter what he's using, LOG's tone isn't to great to begin with. They could have gotten something much better out of a MK iV IMO.
Quote by steven seagull
+1

It scares me how obsessed people get about this kind of thing, I can understand people buying similar equipment to get a similar sound to an artist, but stuff like this..

...is kind of over the top.

I totally agree. I have to admit, I used to be like that too
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by cob1712
he does ???? .. now im confused. and betrayed !!! Mark ****in Morton im gonna kill you.

If he uses Blackouts, and manages to sound good, maybe Blackouts are actually good pickups....

Anyway, I saw a photo of him recording their new album, and his guitar had JB's in it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
If he uses Blackouts, and manages to sound good, maybe Blackouts are actually good pickups....

Anyway, I saw a photo of him recording their new album, and his guitar had JB's in it.

Blackouts are great pickups, but I doubt he is using them.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
Blackouts are great pickups, but I doubt he is using them.

I know they are, I was just pointing out how stupid it is to feel like a musician has "betrayed" his sound by using a certain pickup if his sound is still good.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
I know they are, I was just pointing out how stupid it is to feel like a musician has "betrayed" his sound by using a certain pickup if his sound is still good.

LOL i know, if these obsessive fans can't tell the difference does it matter. If they have to scour the interwebz to notice that he changed, then his tone hasn't changed. I think it's fine no matter what pups he uses.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
LOL i know, if these obsessive fans can't tell the difference does it matter. If they have to scour the interwebz to notice that he changed, then his tone hasn't changed. I think it's fine no matter what pups he uses.

I agree, LOG is one of my favorite bands, and because I know that he uses JB's, I know that they sound good. Not that if I use them, I will become him. Assuming he had switched to Blackouts, all that would have said to me is "this guy thinks that blackouts are better, so that's more incentive to look into them."

TL;DR
fantards are dumb
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
I agree, LOG is one of my favorite bands, and because I know that he uses JB's, I know that they sound good. Not that if I use them, I will become him. Assuming he had switched to Blackouts, all that would have said to me is "this guy thinks that blackouts are better, so that's more incentive to look into them."

TL;DR
fantards are dumb

Yea, i've never made equipment choices based on bands I like. Probably cuz i don't have enough cash to get their stuff LOL

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by caraluzzo
So, is he using the SD/EMG combo on the new album?

Like I said, there was a photo of him in the studio in Guitar World magazine, and he was using his Jackson Sig with what I can only assume to be JBs, but they were not EMGs or Blackouts.

That doesn't mean that's the only guitar/pickup combo he's using.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by caraluzzo
So, is he using the SD/EMG combo on the new album?

He's not using an EMG, like I said, he's just using the pickup cover to keep sweat from his picking his hand from dripping onto the pickup.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
On the Walk With Me In Hell DVD he uses EMG's in his sig Jackson for the Download festival performance. In the studio when recording Sacrament (also on DVD) he was using Gibson LP's and Dominion's loaded with SD passives.
He used SD Invaders on the early records but not since.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by caraluzzo
Why would it matter what he's using, LOG's tone isn't to great to begin with. They could have gotten something much better out of a MK iV IMO.

I agree. I really don't like their tone tbh.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Necrophagist777
I read somewhere he just put the emg pickup cover on so his sweat wouldn't drip into the pickup. He's always used passive SD's of some kind. Either Invader/59 or 59/59.

This. Mark blew out a few of his JBs on tour from all the sweat from his right hand, so the cover simply saves him having to buy and rewire in a new pickup every time he gets sweaty.

Also, for you hxc log fans, mark records most of his parts with a (59?) goldtop les paul with dual sd 59s, hence the dual 59s in his sig. speaking of which, where can you actually find one? guitar world's review awhile back was quite good and it sounds like a really versatile instrument.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
This. Mark blew out a few of his JBs on tour from all the sweat from his right hand, so the cover simply saves him having to buy and rewire in a new pickup every time he gets sweaty.

Also, for you hxc log fans, mark records most of his parts with a (59?) goldtop les paul with dual sd 59s, hence the dual 59s in his sig. speaking of which, where can you actually find one? guitar world's review awhile back was quite good and it sounds like a really versatile instrument.

I knew i was right!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by huevos
That'd be pretty sick if they did come in most mid-high metal guitar
But most come with EMG 81/85

Alot of ESPs/LTDs have JBs if they don't have EMGs...
The USA Jacksons have JBs too for the most part.
The whole Schecter Blackjack (non-ATX) series have JBs.

The only 'metal' brands left are Ibanez (Dimarzios only come in J-Customs or older guitars) and Deans (Dean pickups).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
emg=epic fail
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
bi-ah!=epic fail
Fixed
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by aznrockerdude

The only 'metal' brands left are Ibanez (Dimarzios only come in J-Customs or older guitars) and Deans (Dean pickups).

forgot bc rich, but they have mixed selection
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by aznrockerdude
Epiphone Prophecy have EMG's

Fixed
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H