Hey, I am looking at ESP guitars and I was wondering, what is the diffrence on these LTD Standard, LTD Deluxe, ESP Standard and then the ESP Deluxe?

What is the diffrence in all including price and all these things.

Also can I get ESP guitars in most colours or?

And ofcourse, can I get all kinds of ESP guitars in Lefty version?
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Last edited by Gulli05 at Nov 21, 2008,
The difference is quality.
Ltd is like what epi is to Gibson except they are almost on par.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
As far as I know, the only way to get a lefty is to buy one of the very few lefty production ones or a custom. I've only seen like 3 different models for lefties and they were all like 100 more than the right and pretty low end(like the 100 series.)
Quote by edge11

Okey, but you know something about colours & lefty versions from ESP?

Edit: Okey, so there is almost no way to get a proper ESP Lefty without it being an Custom?
And with these wings

-Symphony X
I believe Deluxe has more binding too.
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
I have seen a left ltd ec 1000 in black cherry at a store once, pretty sure they still make them. Try checking musicians friend.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
Theres no massive differences, just the name on the headstock and the quality. Take for example the Kirk Hammett KH-2 (ESP) and the KH-602 (LTD) if you look at the specs for both on the website the only difference is the brand of tuners. However i imagine they're made in different factories so the manufacturing quality is different but theres a £1000 difference in price, so ill let you make your own mind up about if you think its worth that difference just for the the ESP logo on the head and some different tuners.
ESP are hand built in Japan with high quality woods and hardware While the LTD's are built in Korea with cheaper woods and hardware.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by edge11

Wrong.
LTD is more like Gibson, with ESP being Gibson Custom Shop. Lower end LTDs are like Epis. The main difference is that ESPs are hand built, while all LTDs are from a production line (one man bolts/glues on neck, another sets in the bridge, etc.) This doesn't necesarily mean LTD is bad. Remember, Gibson and even PRS use a production style engineering. The deluxes are just higher quality versions from their respective brand, with better woods, inlays, etc. There is location made as well, as mentioned above.

ESP is rather picky about colors. I would personally buy a les paul from them, but the only Les Paul that they offer WITHOUT emgs comes in heritage sunburst, which is not my bag.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Nov 21, 2008,
WRONG ESP dont sell LPs.

Quote by kranoscorp
Wrong.
LTD is more like Gibson, with ESP being Gibson Custom Shop. Lower end LTDs are like Epis. The main difference is that ESPs are hand built, while all LTDs are from a production line (one man bolts/glues on neck, another sets in the bridge, etc.) This doesn't necesarily mean LTD is bad. Remember, Gibson and even PRS use a production style engineering. The deluxes are just higher quality versions from their respective brand, with better woods, inlays, etc. There is location made as well, as mentioned above.

ESP is rather picky about colors. I would personally buy a les paul from them, but the only Les Paul that they offer WITHOUT emgs comes in heritage sunburst, which is not my bag.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
WRONG ESP dont sell LPs.

Yeah, but you dont need to be an eliteist about it, they are called eclipses, but they are still in the LP shape
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
WRONG ESP dont sell LPs.

ESP Eclipse-I CTM FT. doesnt have the name " Les Paul " but that wat it basically is lol
Last edited by Devilman2020 at Nov 23, 2008,
Lets be honest, they're not a completely different shape from Les Pauls. I actually prefer the eclipses.

Back to your original questions, they come in the colours on the site/in the catalogue.
Difference between ESP's and LTD's is, as the first guy said, quality.

Quote by ESPguitars.com
What is the difference between ESP and LTD models? For example, the ESP Truckster seems so similar to the LTD Truckster, but the price is significantly different!
ESP guitars are built in our main factory and custom-shop located in Japan. These are completely built and assembled by highly skilled craftsmen using the best parts & wood selection. LTD guitars are produced in our factories outside of Japan (currently Korea or Indonesia), and are manufactured in larger quantities using an assembly-line production method.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
WRONG ESP dont sell LPs.

This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
This is the Eclipse I was talking about

Last edited by Devilman2020 at Nov 23, 2008,
Thanks for the help guys, I actually got info from an ESP seller here in Iceland. I got all the info I need from him.

All ESP (And some LTD) are avavible in lefty except I got to custom order (not as in the custom shop where you choose all the stuff) and they make it in about 3-4 months and it is avalible in many, many colours
And with these wings

-Symphony X
Quote by Blacken Seas
ESP are hand built in Japan with high quality woods and hardware While the LTD's are built in Korea with cheaper woods and hardware.

This is the most accurate post concerning ESP / LTD, in this thread.