I have a 90watt Fender Combo amp. I like to play loud (as we all do) and give a lot of feedback during the end of my performances, but I was wondering if doing that damages my amp's speakers? I mean, I like to have loud feedback like NIRVANA.
It does, if it feeds back 6 times it will die a horrible death and need to be buried at sea.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by hb15577
just get one of those pedals that get rid of it

but that would be useless wouldn't it? he actually likes the feedback(so do i, btw)

i've been googling this, cause i never thought that you could break down the amp, loads of artist use feedback, hendrix, cobain, frusciante, omar rodriguez(mars volta) and the list will continue endlessly i don't think it will damage the amp, if you don't overdo it, anyway I'M NOT SURE
Quote by Theduker
Who cares? If you ruin your amp, get another one.
Get a job!

Some ppl actually value their material I guess...
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
I think personally I'd be more worried about the feedback damaging my ears than the amp.
Quote by ChrisN
I think personally I'd be more worried about the feedback damaging my ears than the amp.

lol
Quote by ChrisN

This.

I highly doubt that feedback damages your amp. It's not like the amp puts out more power when it feeds back. It's not overloading the amp or anything, it's just feeding back. It's bound to happen when you're playing stupid loud, just learn to control it and you're golden.

Quote by OfficialBrad
get the boss NS-2

it's a noise suppressor pedal that cuts feedback

Did you read the OP by any chance?

I think not since he wants feedback and you're recommending a suppressor.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
hi fequencies dont push th sameamount of power as low frequencies. feedback is fine or speakers.
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.