Ok so I'm thinking of selling my Carvin V3 combo and was wondering how much they usually go for? Its it great shape it's never really even left the room I use it in, just a dent or two from shipping. So why would I be selling it??? Well its really just not the sound I'm going for its more for a metal sound(Bassy, Darker, little fizzy). I'm looking to get either a 50 watt JVM head or Jcm 900. So what do you guys think?
I think if you don't like the V3 and are looking for a metal sound, the JVM or JCM 900 probably won't cut it for you, but the price on them seem to be ~$600-700.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I think if you don't like the V3 and are looking for a metal sound, the JVM or JCM 900 probably won't cut it for you, but the price on them seem to be ~$600-700.

No, I was saying the V3 is more for a metal sound and that I thought it was too bassy, dark and fizzy. I'm going for more of a modern punk sound think Rise Against....Thanks for the replies
Quote by Osiris77
No, I was saying the V3 is more for a metal sound and that I thought it was too bassy, dark and fizzy. I'm going for more of a modern punk sound think Rise Against....Thanks for the replies

Oh damn, totally read it wrong!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
well V3's tend to bee really grainy and fizzy because of the crap stock tube that are in them and if you have it low volumes.

I suggest a hot plate and/or new tubes
Quote by tenaciousjp
well V3's tend to bee really grainy and fizzy because of the crap stock tube that are in them and if you have it low volumes.

I suggest a hot plate and/or new tubes

v3 is pretty dark as it is as well and can get good bottom end with the right modding and speakers. If you have the cash get a splawn quickrod, if not get a 5150 but the same applies re the new tubes and good speaker
^^I don't think a Hot Plate is the answer here at all.

Quote by Osiris77
I don't think it's that dark. What are your settings?
Rise Against should be EASY with your V3.