I've just finished a complete overhaul of a squier strat. It was really a redneck deal, as I ordered a trem block that was too big and had to hacksaw it size and rather than paint it, I covered it in vinyl Max-4 camo decals and trimmed them into the right shape. The problem is that I did a ****ty job of cutting straight and I now have a very jagged edge (decals cover front and back but not sides b/c of contours).

Any ideas on how I can cover this up to look cleaner and also keep the decal from peeling?

I'd post pics if I had a camera... sorry

John
Quote by john_bosma
I've just finished a complete overhaul of a squier strat. It was really a redneck deal, as I ordered a trem block that was too big and had to hacksaw it size and rather than paint it, I covered it in vinyl Max-4 camo decals and trimmed them into the right shape. The problem is that I did a ****ty job of cutting straight and I now have a very jagged edge (decals cover front and back but not sides b/c of contours).

Any ideas on how I can cover this up to look cleaner and also keep the decal from peeling?

I'd post pics if I had a camera... sorry

John
1 - get the right size block
or
2 - use a file and/or benchgrinder to smooth the edges.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'm not too worried about the block... more about the finish on the body. The block is hidden, but I have to look down and see my ****ty razor job on the decals every time I pick it up. Is there some flexible material I can glue down over the edges?