View poll results: Beginners amp
Line 6 Spider III 15
2 9%
Roland Cube 15
17 74%
Other- please list
4 17%
Voters: 23.
I have a friend who is getting his first amp with a 100 euro budget, i recommended the Peavey vypyr but he can't order it online and his local shop doesn't stock it and wont order it in, he lives in holland btw

He went to his local guitar shop and was recommended the spider and i told him they sound like ass, obviously they are appealing to new players as they have so many effects etc

I've told him to get the cube for a superior tone, which he is happy on doing

Opinions?

100 euro budget
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
did you read my post? i said he can't get hold of one
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Tell him to save more and either get the Cube 30. Plenty of effects and decent tone.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by sharpant

Why can't he order it online? Why not figure a way to so he won't get stuck with a crappy amp when he could have had a good one? Nobody delivers to Holland?
cube 20x. /thread.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 BK with a Dimarzio Evo in bridge
Jet city Jca2112rc
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Nobody delivers to Holland?

I thought the same thing too, just didn't want to argue. You go boi!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I use a Cube 30 so I'm not sure how much of a difference there is between the two. I voted Cube 15 anyway because I love the sound of my 30.
Cubes rule. The R-fier mode is insane if your a metal player. The cleanest setting is ultra clean. lacks a wee bit inbetween (This is speaking from Microcube experience, Im not sure if the 15 has the same models), but Its more than bearable.

BTW, are the Vypyrs really that good?
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by sharpant
It's a poll and I put down my answer. I don't have a recommendation for your friend except maybe a vox ad15vt.
The Cube 15 doesn't have the same amp models as the other amp does, to my knowledge. My Cube 15 sounds like **** compared to my Cube 60. :P
They're both not very good, the cube series is good starting from the 30 watt models, can't he stretch his budget a little for a Microcube or a Vox da5? Tell him it would make a pretty big difference.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
I think of the 2 listed the Cube is better but if there's anyway possible to get one I'd get a Vypyr.

To Empty Box the Vypyrs have a REC model which is also a Rectofier model like the Cubes R-fier model. They also have K-Stein, Dzl, 6505, JSX & XXX models that are all great for metal. For other types of music they have these models Twn, Dlx, Plxi, Brit, B-Kat & Classic. And yes the Vypyrs are really that good.