O.K. as you may or may not know I am trying to decide on a new amp to replace my Mesa Express. It is just for home use and I have been going donw the typical route of a low watt tube amp. I have been told that the Laney Lionheart L5T has the holy grail of tone BUT, I have beenr eading more and more about the Line 6 Flextone. I do also want an amp that is easy to move around and I can not seem to find the weight of the Flextone III Plus 1x12 combo. Can I get some opinions on the amps. My problem is that I have some very high end boutique guitars and do not want the tone to get lost behind a whole bunch of digital crap. Thanks.
Go to a guitar shop and compare the two. It's the only way.

If it was me, I'd get the Laney - the flextone may be good, but the Laney would sound more natural, more open, would really let your guitar shine as every detail should be coming through.

But, the flextone can do many many sounds and styles, at low volumes.

In other words, if you want hi-gain, get the flex. If not, Laney all the way.

Btw, I haven't played any of those two amps, so...
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
The only problem is that I do not have any shops in the area that have either. I have a Laney on order already and do not have to take it. I just figuered I should get the Laney and throw some pedals in front for the best of both worlds.
The Flextone is good as a cheap modelling amp, ever so slightly beating the Vox Valvetronix. Get the Laney any day.
flextone's are awesome

just not as awesome as the lionheart

i'd only consider the flex in this case if you want a very versatile amp on a budget
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
If you can't decide between those two you need to spend a lot more time figuring out what you want. They're two wildly different amps.
You can help us out by telling us what the rest of your rig is, what kind of music you play, where you normally play, if you'll need to play with drums or in larger venues, budget, etc.
I have been playing for 25 years and am done playing out at this point. I play mostly instrumental stuff like Vai or Satriani but also play blues and jazz. I prefer not using any pedal's and as far as guitars, my collection consists mostly of Suhr's and Tom Anderson's. I do have LP's and Strat's as well though and a couple of Gretsch's.
with that many guitars you should invest in a much more expensive amp imo...

just a thought
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
In my experience the price of an amp does not dictate how good it is. The Epiphone Valve Jr is a perfect example of this. With a few mods it can compete with amps of a similar cinfiguration from Dr. Z, Bad Cat, Top Hat and many other boutique builders.
Quote by guitarchris76
In my experience the price of an amp does not dictate how good it is. The Epiphone Valve Jr is a perfect example of this. With a few mods it can compete with amps of a similar cinfiguration from Dr. Z, Bad Cat, Top Hat and many other boutique builders.

I hope you're not serious.
I am. Before you doubt me try listeing to one and comparing. I play at home now but have been in a few bands and released a couple albums with the last band I was in. I also have been in studio with some well known bands lately in LA. A lot of the big studios out there are using modded Valve Juniors for recording.
what about a cornford? that laney is pretty nice, but it's a bit more vintage-sounding than satch and vai (would be nice for jazz and blues though)... i haven't tried either the harlequin or carrera, but the hurricane would do what you want very well indeed (apart from jazz- not too sure on that), and assuming either the harley or carrera sound at least similar, are bound to be worth a try if you have a dealer close by.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?