Hey guys im sure you get plenty of these threads so ill keep it short and sweet given the option out of a les paul special 2 or a squier bullet strat which would you get? Im pretty much limited to these guitars ive been checking and waiting for a bargain in the local paper and ebay with no luck and i simply cant wait any longer for one to come along, these guitars are what my budget is limited too so your opinion would be appreciated.
...the short and simple answer is that they are both kinda crappy

what's your budget, kind of music you play and current gear?
I don't want to sound like a dick, but both guitars are bad. At least save up some more so you can afford a Squire Affinity, Standard or a Yamaha Pacifica 012. You are not going to do yourself a favour by buying a bad, unreliable guitar.
My budget atm is $400 au which is prolly around 250 us but this has to cover guitar and amp im at uni atm so cash is kinda tight i can understand the benefits for saving up to afford a better setup im just eager to get into it, hopefully looking to play the norm some gunners, led zepp etc.
whatever you do dont get the bullet its horendous
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Do not get a special...

Sorry, had to get that accross, The special and the bullet are really quite bad... I would say you could easily save up and get either a standard squire, a pacifica as Quailman said or maybe a Les Paul studio...

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200
Get a cheapy ibanez. Look at the RG 300 dollar one and the 100 dollar line 6. Should be perfect for u.
Ya, they're both not the best, like I think I like the bullet better, but look for something else maybe.
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
you can save a bit more.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
The special's not a bad guitar, the pickups are just pretty crappy. I'd go for it, if you're limited that much by your budget. Also, check craigslist a lot, i see a lot of fender mexican strats for $300 about every week.