I couldn't find any reviews on UG so I thought I'd ask you lot what you think of these guitars:
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/37214

http://www.dv247.com/invt/50223/

Thanks!

EDIT: At the moment I'm going towards the ARX320
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
I played the Artist Series a few years ago while looking for a Gibson LP styled guitar and I really liked it.
Moving on.....
Nether. Save up and get something a little nice. What kind of music do you play?
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
Both are nice. They're best for rock, blues and some metal. If you can, save up for an ARX500, it is a fantastic guitar (better pickups!).

But tell us what music you play and what amp you have, so we can tell whether these guitars will suit you.
I play mostly rock and classic rock, but blues and metal too. I have a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

Than those are basically your best choices. You can look at the Yamaha AES620, it is somewhat similar concerning sound and feel, but looks more like an LP. Make sure you like the necks on these guitars though. They are rather thick and have a glossy finish, a lot different from your Squier.
Quote by TheQuailman
Than those are basically your best choices. You can look at the Yamaha AES620, it is somewhat similar concerning sound and feel, but looks more like an LP. Make sure you like the necks on these guitars though. They are rather thick and have a glossy finish, a lot different from your Squier.

Yeah thanks for pointing that out. I was actually looking for something that had a neck that was a bit thinner than my squier, I hadn't noticed how thick the necks are, I'll have a look into that and take the measurments of my squier (crappy website doesn't have them)

EDIT:
Just taken them, and the neck at the first fret on my squier strat is 25mm, whilst the ones on the guitars I'm looking at start from about 21mm, so much better!

Last edited by archerygenious at Nov 21, 2008,
That's strange, the necks on the SZR and ARX always seemed quite fat to me. Whatever, just try 'em and see if you like 'em. Good luck and have some fun:
Gibson style necks are basically always thicker and a little rounder. As someone who owned an American Strat for many years it felt quite different when I bought my Elitist LP. It only took about 1 hours though to get used to it and now I don't like the feel of thinner necks. A thicker neck doesn't mean slower, just a different feel.
Moving on.....