So, I've been making a lot of threads about laptops, and I didn't want to get the mods mad, thus, The Laptop Thread!! All Inquiries about laptops go here!! I'll go first:

Many of you know that I've been shopping for a laptop for a while. Well, I found one that is in my price range atm and would like the pit's opinion on it.

Dell Latitude D610 Pentium 4 (M) 1600 Mhz. 512mb, 40Gig, Wireless Card, DVD/CDRW Combo Drive

Quote by ebay
* Dell Latitude D610 Pentium 4 (M) 1600 MHz. Processor

* This laptop is extremely fast and powerful enough to run most any program available. Pentium 4 (M) 1.6 gig processor runs faster and cooler than a normal Pentium 4 chip.

* This laptop is considered B grade quality. The palmrest will have worn/wear spots from previous use. Please note photos above are stock pictures and do not show any cosmetic flaws.

* Dell has designed this palmrest with plastic causing it to show wear marks mainly where your hands lie when typing. This will not effect the structure or functionality of the laptop in anyway. This is strictly a cosmetic flaw that is seen in some of these laptops.

* Very user friendly and extremely easy to use.

* For your convenience we have placed a user's guide icon on your away at all times.

* This latitude series has the new modern style silver casing and is extremely fast, thin and lightweight.

* Being thin and light makes this laptop easy to take with you anywhere. The silver appearance & design sets this laptop apart from any others we sell.

* All laptops we sell come with a 30 day warranty. Any questions or issues that may arise we are just a phone call away to assist you.

* For your peace of mind we provide a 30 day warranty on all laptops we sell

* Internal DVD/CDRW/CD Rom Drive
-This drive comes installed and will allow you to play CD's play DVD's and burn CD's.

* Interested in a DVD Burner? We are running a special on these drives. They regularly sell for $89.99 but you can add this upgrade to your order today for $69.99 and we will install this drive for you. A DVD Burner will allow you to play CD's play DVD's burn CD's and burn data to a DVD disk as well. Click Here for more details

* Huge 40 Gigabyte Hard Drive

* Your hard drive is the storage tank for all of your programs, pictures, movies, ect.. 40 Gigabytes is sufficient for most but if you need to upgrade this drive Click Here to see more on hard drive options we offer.

* Windows XP Pro Operating System

* Also has spreadsheet and word document programs, online user's guide and more.

* 512 Megabytes of PC 2100 DDR2 Memory Installed

* Make this laptop even faster by upgrading the memory. Upgrades all the way to 2.0GB of memory Click Here to see more on memory upgrade options we offer

* Internal Wireless 802.11 Card

* Connect to any wireless hot spot

* Integrated Crisp Stereo Sound Powered By 2 Internal Speakers

* Nice quality stereo sound

* Integrated Touch Pad and Track Point Mice Options

* Two mouse options conveniently located on the keyboard and palm rest

* Built in 56K Modem

* Dial up Ready right out of box, Click Here to see all options to connect to the internet

* Built in 10/100 Network Card

* High speed DSL / Cable internet ready right out of the box

* 14.1" Crystal Clear XGA Screen

* Screen is viewable from all angles

* Lith-Ion Battery And Ac Wall Adapter

* Due to the huge volume we sell we do not test any laptop batteries therefore battery life will not be covered by any warranty

* (2) Internal USB, (1) PC Slots, Parallel (Printer), 9 Pin Serial, Monitor, PS2, Internal Wireless Slot, and S Video Ports

* Plenty of ports for any printers, cameras, scanners, mice and other accessories you may want to use with this laptop. Has basically every port your desktop does which allows you to add any accessories you currently use.

* No configuring necessary, in minutes after receiving you will literally be up and running

* Just plug it in & turn it on

whoa! how the hell didn't that take all of my characters!! Anyway, i just copied all of the description. Pics should be up.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
...you just made a laptop thread yesterday. And that laptop is total shit.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
50 dollar laptop ROFL
- LTD Eclipse 1000 w/SD's
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky transparent red w/SD's
- Marshall MG 50 DFX

ENGL fund €120/€1941.5
Well first of all what is your price range, second I guarantee what ever your price range is you can find a better computer than a dell!!! also check NEWEGG.COM, they are a great comp site that has a bunch of great deals and user reviews etc...
LOOK AT MY SIG!!!!
Asus.
Asus is the way.
A little expensive, but overall worth it.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by Xpresspeace
Well first of all what is your price range, second I guarantee what ever your price range is you can find a better computer than a dell!!! also check NEWEGG.COM, they are a great comp site that has a bunch of great deals and user reviews etc...

What's wrong with you?
Dell has some nice computers IMO...
- LTD Eclipse 1000 w/SD's
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky transparent red w/SD's
- Marshall MG 50 DFX

ENGL fund €120/€1941.5
laptops rule

i mean, could i type this from the crapper on a desktop?

i think not
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Dude, what's your budget?

£50 that can only be spent in the late 90s?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
My budget is about $100(paper route FTL)
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by Angus_Junior35
My budget is about $50(paper route FTL)

I already told you yesterday. Spending 50 dollars on that piece of crap is not spending 50 dollars, it's flushing 50 dollars down the toilet. You need to just save up for something that will actually work for more than a week.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Angus_Junior35
My budget is about $50(paper route FTL)

Then don't do it.
Gsus christ! 50 euros, you can't buy a decent calculator with that let alone a computer! just save up for a while and use some type of public access till then.

DON'T BUY IT SAVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOOK AT MY SIG!!!!
Lols a huge 40 gb hard drive. That must mean the 300gb hard drive in my laptop is so out of this world that I can't even imagine it.
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
get a Mac. thats what i'm typing on write now. MacBook Pro its kickass
Quote by Ez0ph
Tissues are lame cuz then you gotta spend an hour gettin the little paper off of your dick
i just shoot it into my neighbors yard
not my problem anymore
I suggest you take more time to save up more and buy something better, that Dell is pretty outdated. Save up about 800 or so and you should find something decent. Dell's laptop models now look alot better than that hunk of crap.
That Dell is about 8 years old now. It's specs saying it's thin and light are laughable. The thing weighs more than some desktops, and has difficulty with xp. Just go for something different when you've saved up more.
Trained physicist occasionally enslaved by engineers.