I know this is gonna sound like a dumbass question, but I didn't register for an account for nothin...
Anyone know of a good way to loosen up your strumming/picking hand so it's more fluid? I feel like its a little jumpy right now and kinda tense when I'm playing, but if I try to relax it too much my playing gets sloppy...any thoughts?
Quote by dannyhanson80
I know this is gonna sound like a dumbass question, but I didn't register for an account for nothin...
Anyone know of a good way to loosen up your strumming/picking hand so it's more fluid? I feel like its a little jumpy right now and kinda tense when I'm playing, but if I try to relax it too much my playing gets sloppy...any thoughts?

I found that not trying to play something too fast right away helps. I start out by smoothly "pushing" the pick along the strings instead of a jerky flicking motion with my wrist. I gradually build up my speed to where i can do the flicking motion with a lot more control.
Riffs, Riffs and More Riffs.

Try something like "Barracuda" by Heart
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Warming up progressively with a metronome playing scales whips my hands into speed. You might also want to try gently massaging your hand every few minutes to increase circulation. Also, rinsing your hands in warm water apparently has the same effect. Hope this helps.