I know this is gonna sound like a dumbass question, but I didn't register for an account for nothin...
Anyone know of a good way to loosen up your strumming/picking hand so it's more fluid? I feel like its a little jumpy right now and kinda tense when I'm playing, but if I try to relax it too much my playing gets sloppy...any thoughts?
I guess what I did was just learning the piece better so I could play more fluidly and don't have to concentrate on the picking
how old are you (about),

and how long have you been playing?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
how old are you (about),

and how long have you been playing?

I'm actually 20 and I've been playin off and on for about 5 years but seriously playing for 3 or 4 months. I have pretty good chops already (I think) and I can play alot of more advanced songs, I just wanna work on fine tuning my technique...
Quote by dannyhanson80
I'm actually 20 and I've been playin off and on for about 5 years but seriously playing for 3 or 4 months. I have pretty good chops already (I think) and I can play alot of more advanced songs, I just wanna work on fine tuning my technique...

if your problem is just technique, then that link is perfect.

if you think that you may also have a little red light syndrome, then the best way to stay loose is to play in front of listeners, and with other musicians, as often as possible.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011