Ive got a Epi LP STD that i purchased new 2 years ago (basically when i was starting to learn guitar). Compared to the other Epi's i have played i believe i got a pretty good one. Ive had players with far more experance than me tell me the same thing about it.

Here lately i have been having problems with my pickup selector switch. Sometimes when i flip it down to Trb my sound will be weak as hell and ill have to flip it back up then down once again to solve the problem.

So anyways to get to the point i know i will have to replace the the switch soon and was thinking about going ahead and getting the guy to go ahead and install soon Seymour Duncan Allico II's like Slash uses in his guitars and do a setup on the guitar to make sure everything is perfect.

So the big question is do you guys honestly think it would make enough difference ( Tone, Notes ringing longer, ect) to justify paying the extra money to have the pickups installed and guitar setup or should i just fix the switch and save my money.
I going to get me a real Gibson later on anyways.

P.S The reason i ask this is because i have heard the wood and finish job is what makes the most difference. If thats the case id rather just wait and get what i really want anyway.

Thanks
Epiphone LP Standard
MartinDCX1E
Peavey Classic 30
Marshall Mg100DFX
he's got a classic thirty, he'll notice the differance. In anycase, swap them'pups. I've got an Epi standard and I pop'd a JB and a 59 in it, swapped out the pots for CTS pots with a switchcraft switch and jack and used ceramic caps and... HUGE differance. I even coil tapped the JB, so my guitar's got some interesting tones.

The stock epi pickups can be descibed as such: bridge = icepick, neck = pillow. Swapping with duncans will help that QUITE a bit. I'm not sure about the alnico II's, though. Hop on duncan's website and check out all the pickups and choose wisely. Also check out some dimarzios, I've had a lot of luck with their super distortion.

My paul is my favorite guitar that I've got after the mods, well... I'm not sure about favorite, but I love the thing.

Swap them' pups and rock out, man.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Ya ive heard that. The amps i have right now i feel are more than good enough for what i need tho considering i dont play in a band. I can dial in just about any tone imaginable on the my POD XT or pretty close anyways. The problem im having is for ex: if i want to play a solo that has a long bend that you got to hold a few seconds the sound will die out before it should. Like on the Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb final solo. The first bend he does and holds, well if i do that on my guitar the sound dies out to soon. Thats why i thought it was maybe the cheap stock pickups. I dont know tho hell it might be my fingers lol. Im far from being a pro lol.
Epiphone LP Standard
MartinDCX1E
Peavey Classic 30
Marshall Mg100DFX
Thomme,

Ya that what i was figuring. How could it not help? lol

Im open to suggestions on the pickups. I just figured the Allinco II's b/c thats what Slash uses and i love his tone or anything of that gene. Honistly if there Appetite for Destruction album never came out i probably wouldnt even be on this site or playing guitar. Thanks alot for your help.
Epiphone LP Standard
MartinDCX1E
Peavey Classic 30
Marshall Mg100DFX