Page 1 of 16
Ok guys, whats up. After some discussion with Dark, Boston a few others, I decided to do a GG&A Jam session. This is by any means, not an original idea. I know that the Musician Talk forum has done this at least once, and maybe more than once and when searching for the threads I saw that the Pit.....yes, THE PIT.......wanted to do a Christmas album.

Now, if they Pit is going to be able to organize something like this, I'd say we can do it too.

First off, we need a backing track. Probably a simple I IV V progression would be the best bet. As for the genre, blues would probably work best. If you don't like it, and we can get more people together for a second genre, by all means, we can have more than one song.

Next we need volunteers who have some decent recording equipment to record a backing track. Drums preferable, bass optional, but it would be nice too. Instead of one person contributing just one track, I would say that we have a small contest voted by us. Record the track, post it on your profile and send me a PM or post in this thread. From there, I will download the tracks and put them in MY profile (no worries, credit will go where credit is due ) and I will post a second thread dedicated to voting for the track or tracks.

Finally we need someone to mix the tracks together to make it an actual song.

This is still in the concept stage, and would like to keep it simple. I know I am asking a lot from the community, but I personally have no way to record drums and my own recording and mixing capabilities are limited. Plus I am not really a bluesman myself, and I think that a blues backing track should be done by someone who actually plays blues.

This can give us the chance to further grow as guitarists, allow you to "show off" your tone, and grow closer as a community.

I would also like suggestions on how long each person's solo would be.

What do ya say?

**EDIT**
THE LIST
LaidBack, monkey_dancer, darkarbiter7, Ostugua713, akack, Kevin_Saale, slash_rocks2005, bartdevil_metal, Exo M7, FischmungaXTR, mcrfobtai, Goldenglove, H4T3BR33D3R, Highwaytohell, imgooly, the humanity, FlyingBeerman, LP51122, Bostonrocks,

MIX LIST
bartdevil_metal, FischmungaXTR,

Here's the backing track: http://rapidshare.de/files/40977769/GG_A_jam.mp3.html
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at Nov 23, 2008,
How did I know someone would go there.....

lol
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I can record guitar and bass tracks, and I'd love to do it.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
That's one on board. I know there has GOT to be more.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Obviously, count me in.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
But of course good sir! I should start making a list....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I think it should be in the key of A .
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
sounds cool. i'd love to do it, but I'm at school.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
sounds cool. i'd love to do it, but I'm at school.

So am I no excuses! But thats why I would like to try and get everything rolling by Thanksgiving weekend since I am sure that's when most people will have the most amount of time. But I doubt that we will get it done in that short amount of time. At least hopefully get backing tracks going. By this time next week.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
my vote goes for it to be in Em
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
we could just download a free jam track.
That would be simpler and quicker than waiting for everyone to get around, and to actually record.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Hm, sounds like a better idea Dark. Got anywhere to download em from?

**EDIT** I take it you're in Ostugua?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
i'll just say that if any of my stuff is worthy enough you can use it, but would love to participate in some way. I like Em too.

This is just my opinion but I would use a UG'r back track to keep it original vs downloading something.

LaidBack: I'm more into the crazier sounds so it may not fit with what you guys are doing. Go check out my Brownie, Bdisaster and Jamalong clipz to get a feel for what I like.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Nov 21, 2008,
Count me in for a solo, that's about the best I can do. You'll have to tell me the chords in the progression since I are the dumbs when it comes to theory.

A backing track sounds like a great idea, Wes, what are some good sites to look at?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
311, I couldn't get your mp3's to play for some reason. Probably something on my end. As for crazy sounds, hell man, who cares. This is for fun....the backing track is just going to be blues based. Most hard rock is blues based and most hard rock solos are pentatonic wankage. Let her rip with some phase and that gorgeous Carbon Copy. Hell, I was thinking of using slight chorus+Sparkle Drive on my Clean Channel
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I forgot exactly where to get jam tracks, but they're fairly easy to find.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well that can be part of everyone's assignment then I spose, find a jam track.

And yea, 311, I agree, I would rather have UGer's make the track, but for the first time around (yes I am planning a sequel) I think a backing track would be best.

STILL NEED SOMEONE TO DO THE MIXING!!!

Where is UnsignedRecords....doesn't he run a studio?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Just did.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
www.guitarbt.com

i'm pretty sure that's where you get backing tracks of plenty sorts. at least one of the places.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
As a veteran of the UG album threads in the pit, I would love to join this. I have more affiliation with GG&A anyway

I'd love to do some mixing for you. I have Logic Pro here.
I'll contribute anything.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
I can do the mixing if i'm needed. I could contribute some guitar too.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
thought this might be helpful, a fella on here told me about it a while ago.

http://www.freejamtracks.com/guitarlead/blues.html

Just blues backing for lead guitar, but they have jazz, rock, etc. if you want, all grouped by genre
oh yeah im in..even if i cant use my main amp because its at my rehearsal place, ill play with a not so good tone this once
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Thanks guys, I will make a list for any one that will be in the mixing/editing group.

And, pak, I'm going to put you down on the list, but i just wanna make sure, are you in or just linking us?

**EDIT** Also, just to make things easier, I think it would be best if one person mixed. I have no idea how the person will be chosen, but most likely on level of experience and availability.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at Nov 21, 2008,
gotcha Felix.

pak, thats a shame. i lucked out, i found an old digital 4 track at my friends house and he didnt want it.

311....why I oughtta!! haha, kidding. nah, I just dont have any mixing software. If i did I am sure I would be able to handle it.

and yea, like 30 seconds should suffice. less is fine too, but dont go overboard.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at Nov 21, 2008,
count me in also for a solo and I can do the backing track if you want, how does a hendrix kind of one sound?

the only problem would be is that it would be midi drums

but the progression would be E#m7 B#m7 A G
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Nov 21, 2008,
that should be fine Boston. just link it in your profile and make it downloadable (if that's possible?) If no one else makes one then yours will be it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
okay I'll get you a demo in just a min

go check my profile.

also you can call me Brett
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Nov 21, 2008,
so whattda ya think?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era