I'm referring to the thin black one that he used. I read it is custom made, what is the closest I can find retail? Also looking for a good quality strap locks for my LP at a reasonable price...
schaller for straplocks

there are millions of black guitars straps around too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Slash didn't use a strat on the ill.... wait....

This is a strap thread? About a black strap? Sorry. Sped read the title...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

I know.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the black strap affects the tone with the wood and the leather and stuff
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by SuperFlanker
Found it, no thanks to you guys (not you though Hoodoo Child, thanks!)
http://www.redmonkeydesigns.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=356

you do know how heavey a les paul is dont you?

right then, pressure = force/area

the weight of the LP exerts lots of force and that strap has a tiny area and the result is a very sore shoulder

i'd be suprised if its strong enough too
you/re seriously going to spend $125 on a strap just because it looks like slash's? i mean don't get mean wrong i like slash, as you could tell from my picture (<--) but still.
Quote by THEKID546
This is a really stupid thread.

How? He asked a legitimate question
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Quote by gregs1020

It is not a lame thread - this is an example of a very lame and overly long joke.

Long night?

Anyway, this may expand into the "Jimmy Page weave strap?" thread - what and where is that strap etc?

Have you tried Levi.com?

Excellent wide range there. Or its custom?
Quote by davedoom
It is not a lame thread - this is an example of a very lame and overly long joke.

Long night?

Uhm, it's 5:39pm here so the night is very young. Sorry you didn't like the joke. I think making a strap thread is kind of a joke. Although lately the threads are going to the dogs so I guess it's become worthy. Next we will have a hair color thread. Henna ftw
Quote by gregs1020
Uhm, it's 5:39pm here so the night is very young. Sorry you didn't like the joke. I think making a strap thread is kind of a joke. Although lately the threads are going to the dogs so I guess it's become worthy. Next we will have a hair color thread. Henna ftw

Damn my GMT time!
And really the joke wasn't thaaaat long.
always annoys me when I see slash in live videos and things. He plays pretty much exclusively les pauls (which I know from experience to be extremely weighty guitars) and uses the thinnest guitar strap immaginable. It looks so uncomfortable.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
you do know how heavey a les paul is dont you?

right then, pressure = force/area

the weight of the LP exerts lots of force and that strap has a tiny area and the result is a very sore shoulder

i'd be suprised if its strong enough too

exactly what i was going to say. (except the strong part)

if you let me ask, what's so amazing about this particular strap? i mean i understand the craze about sig/endorsed guitars, pickups, even picks, but straps? and this in particular? to each their own i guess.
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
Quote by Sonny_sam
always annoys me when I see slash in live videos and things. He plays pretty much exclusively les pauls (which I know from experience to be extremely weighty guitars) and uses the thinnest guitar strap immaginable. It looks so uncomfortable.

So what? It's his shoulder. Yes, LPs are heavy, but different strokes for different folks.

As for the TS.....are you really going to spend that much money on a strap because it looks like Slash's? Look at all the designs out there, or mod a strap with a design or something.....basically, get your own signature strap to sling you guitar with. I'm a big Slash fan, but there's always a point where you've got to do your own thing, and anyone that obsessive to get his same strap is honestly a bit weird.
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....
What toilet roll does slash use? ive gotta get myself some of that!
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xander307
What toilet roll does slash use? ive gotta get myself some of that!

Funny, because its true!
On slash's website there is a slash guitar strap. I don't know if it is the one you are looking for but it is worth a shot. It's only $15.
125 for a strap to? get out of here, and i prefer soft wider straps to cushion the shoulder a bit
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
That's ridiculous. Copying your idols much?
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
I realise it this is a very old thread but thought in case it helps someone .. I bought a vintage guitar strap last year from a company called AGS .. very good quality and not as expensive .. I am based in the UK though and it's the closest I got to the original strap here in the UK