I have been thinking of getting a synthesizer lately but I know nothing about them. Any good brands or models that you could suggest? I have a limited budget and am looking to buy a beginner synth that is as cheap as possible. I have been looking at some of the cheaper ones by xiosynth, alesis, and korg. Are they any good?

Can somebody also recommend me a link that teachs you how to read keyboard tabs and one to find sheetmusic?

Any words of wisdom or experience are appreciated.
Free Mumia
You outta look at the Roland SH-201
For sheetmusic: Ultimate-Guitar => Guitar Pro or Powertab tabs
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
You outta look at the Roland SH-201
For sheetmusic: Ultimate-Guitar => Guitar Pro or Powertab tabs

Power tabs provides notation for keyboard? I have never seen it.
Free Mumia
lol, right above the guitar tab it has normal notation.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Demonology
lol, right above the guitar tab it has normal notation.

Oh, okay. I was thinking you had to change it to a different setting. Does anybody know where i can find a website dedicated to keyboards tabs though?
Free Mumia
Quote by guerilla radio
Oh, okay. I was thinking you had to change it to a different setting. Does anybody know where i can find a website dedicated to keyboards tabs though?

Youtube! ...there are great lessons in there (piano...but y'know)
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Keyboard tabs? If you want to play piano, you're better off just buying a digital piano that has effects and different sounds built in. Most synths don't actually have any settings for authentic piano sounds. They're usually geared towards people who want to do electronic and experimental music.

But if you are really looking for a synth, the Alesis Micron is the best you can get for under $500. I don't know much about synths, but I don't really think there's anything worth buying that's cheaper than the Micron. It's a great synth because it's small, has a built in vocoder, and has everything else the more expensive synths would have (and it sounds great!). The only bad thing is that it's a little hard to program sounds and use all of its features. Also, it doesn't have as many features as more expensive synths, but what do you expect for a synth this cheap.
```````````Another synth you might wanna consider is the Korg Microkorg. I don't know much about it because I only played it at guitarcenter for a few minutes, but that was because the key-size really turned me off. The keys are the size of those found on children's toys, but some people seem to like them. Also i've heard that programing sounds is a pain on this thing (i could tell just by looking at it). But despite those facts, this thing has some really great sounds.

Anyway, I don't know much about synths, so don't take my word as law, but if you're lookin for a good sounding synth, those two are probably the cheapest, but the best-sounding. There's also a lot of more expensive stuff ranging from $500 to about $7000.