Constitution of the United States: 4 years
Sistine Chapel: 5 Years
Transcontinental Railroad: 7 years
Entire Beatles discography: 10 years
Panama Canal: 11 years
Statue of Liberty: 14 years
Chinese Democracy: 15 years

(Edited following Wiki research)

Just sayin'. This better be the best album ever.
Death to Ovation haters!
Last edited by PatchworkMan at Nov 21, 2008,
K.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Quote by PatchworkMan
Statue of Liberty: 15 years
Chinese Democracy: 17 years

Duke Nukem Forever: forever (destroying the time line continium)

Just sayin', it's gonna kick everyone's ass.
Starcraft: Ghost ?? years.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I think the big question is... Can you really call it Guns N' Roses? Or is really the Axel Rose Project?
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Half Life 2: 5 years and $40 million

worth it
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by Tapping_Ninja
I think the big question is... Can you really call it Guns N' Roses? Or is really the Axel Rose Project?

Lol +1 for making me chuckle
DO IT LIVE
The title track is shit, so I doubt the rest of the album will be any good.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I listened to the entire album on their myspace last night. Buckethead's guitar work is the only thing it has going for it, he really has some of his best solos on this record. I think it's ridiculous that they call this Guns n Roses, the only common denominator is Axl but still, this sounds nothing like GNR.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Starcraft: Ghost ?? years.

Never. It got "indefinitely suspended", which means they cancelled it because the game was going to suck. That much was obvious from the videos.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
i expect it will be awful because of how long people have waited and everyone will be highly dissapointed but idc
Quote by aaciseric
****ing hell get the facts before blurting this crap out. They released UYI 1 and 2 17 years ago, THEY DIDN'T START THE ALBUM STRAIGHT AWAY IDIOT!!!!

There has been talk of this album for most of the period since the last album. A music writer on the radio this morning said that CD has been in the works for most of that time at least. If you feel like being generous, cut it to 15 years.

BTW, caps lock is a big, glowing sign that says, "I have a small penis."

EDIT: Wiki has G&R starting to write and record new music in 1994, so 14-15 years.
Death to Ovation haters!
Last edited by PatchworkMan at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by dylanfg
to be fair it wasnt actually 17 years as they finished use your.... in 1991 so they didnt start makin it straight away and axl didnt make a new GN'R till 1998 so its about 10 years really

Correct.

Quote by PatchworkMan
There has been talk of this album for most of the period since the last album. A music writer on the radio this morning said that CD has been in the works for most of that time at least. If you feel like being generous, cut it to 15 years.

BTW, caps lock is a big, glowing sign that says, "I have a small penis."

Incorrect. And that's just petty.
Quote by aaciseric
****ing hell get the facts before blurting this crap out. They released UYI 1 and 2 17 years ago, THEY DIDN'T START THE ALBUM STRAIGHT AWAY IDIOT!!!!

Elitist man and his elitist powers!
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
I don't think it'll work.

Quote by Tapping_Ninja

also, this.
Quote by aaciseric

Yes, but if they had entrusted the project to me, I could have eaten several doner kebabs and shat in your ears within a few hours, no need to wait even ten years.

Yeah, it's gonna suck.

EDIT: What am I saying? I've got the leak, it DOES suck. Well, it's not awful, but it's pretty mediocre, and given the amount of time it took, it's a disgrace.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
*builds fortress*

Chinese Democracy is a great album.

*hides in fortress*
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Chinese Democracy: by the Axl Rose Medicine Show and friends...and their friends...and their friends on track 4!
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by LordBishek
Yes, but if they had entrusted the project to me, I could have eaten several doner kebabs and shat in your ears within a few hours, no need to wait even ten years.

... ok then. Just to clarify something, if you read Slash auto-biography he clearly says that after Use Your Illusion was done they went on the road for two years, then released the spaghetti incident whilst filming videos, then he went and did Snakepit until sometime around 95/96 when the record company called him back to work on the album. That is the point i've ben trying to get accross, it is still a ridiculous amount of time but not 17 years. And I apologise Ts for the overreaction in my first post, bad day I guess.
Quote by aaciseric
... ok then. Just to clarify something, if you read Slash auto-biography he clearly says that after Use Your Illusion was done they went on the road for two years, then released the spaghetti incident whilst filming videos, then he went and did Snakepit until sometime around 95/96 when the record company called him back to work on the album. That is the point i've ben trying to get accross, it is still a ridiculous amount of time but not 17 years. And I apologise Ts for the overreaction in my first post, bad day I guess.

Alright, chill, we're all friends here. At least I am, I'm mellow right now.
Quote by aaciseric

The opening post has been edited.
Death to Ovation haters!
I have the album here in my hands (Arrived yesterday) and I have to say that it's really not as bad as everyone thinks it will be.
Quote by seljer
Duke Nukem Forever: when its done

Greatest win in this topics perpective.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Quote by CHIEF-CHEESE
I listened to the entire album on their myspace last night. Buckethead's guitar work is the only thing it has going for it, he really has some of his best solos on this record. I think it's ridiculous that they call this Guns n Roses, the only common denominator is Axl but still, this sounds nothing like GNR.

It doesn't sound exactly like something they did over a decade ago!

Guns N Roses have dared to evolve!

I want to listen to bands that never change! *puts on AC/DC*
Quote by Thepoison92
I have the album here in my hands (Arrived yesterday) and I have to say that it's really not as bad as everyone thinks it will be.

That isn't really the problem. The problem is that it probably isn't as GOOD as everyone expected it to be.
I think it will rock. I'm just sick of people comparig Buckethead to Slash and this to what the original Guns did 20 years ago.

guaranteed, its not going ot be AfD, but it still sounds pretty good.
Quote by PatchworkMan
Statue of Liberty: 14 years
Chinese Democracy: 15 years

(Edited following Wiki research)

decide for yourself?

http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
Why did I just get a free Dr. Pepper from some random guy at my door?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Ackj

worth it

Agreed.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Minkaro
It doesn't sound exactly like something they did over a decade ago!

Guns N Roses have dared to evolve!

I want to listen to bands that never change! *puts on AC/DC*

I swear they haven't changed at all. Same open chords, same solos... same everything... I still love it.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by Ackj

worth it

+alot

well worth it, one of the best games ever, waiting patiently fo episode 3 and portal 2
i heard the whole album and no it's not
as great as their older stuff...

but i still loved every minute of it

no it's not guns n roses

even if slash came back it wouldn't be guns n roses
Page 1 of 2