decent and cheap is very tricky indeed. I suggest you say "reasonably priced" instead.
CorduroyEW's pickups are great, and could be twice as expensive and still worth it. Look around his site, Rock Monkey Guitars or something like that, and see what takes your fancy.

Lace Sensor pickups are Lace's REAL pickups, and they're great. A good pair of duallys will sit nicely on an LP.

Pricier thasn you asked, but I can't come to a pickup thread and not sing the praise of Bare Knuckle Pickups. They're THE best on the market. If you can stretch to that price, you should, because they're worth every penny and more.
mk, thanks. The point, I suppose, is to find something that won't be wasted in a mediocre guitar...just something to make it you know...usable.=p nothing fantastic...though I will certainly keep your suggestions in mind.;D
Quote by Weavel33
mk, thanks. The point, I suppose, is to find something that won't be wasted in a mediocre guitar...just something to make it you know...usable.=p nothing fantastic...though I will certainly keep your suggestions in mind.;D

Bare Knuckles are boutique dream tone machines, they won't be comfortable in your Squier or whatever :p
For that, try GFS or GuitarFetish pickups. And, DiMarzio do some cheapys and Duncan have an equivalent or Fender's Squier or Gibson's Epiphone in the form of Duncan Designed pickups.
thanks. they have quite a selection. anything particular you wanna suggest...I'm really looking for versatility.