So I'm learning all scales now and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and try to learn them in all possitions or learn 1st possition and then once I get that down start moving up the neck. What would be easier in the long run?
learn 1 in each position.. this will help you with your solo playing.. knowing where all the notes are in a pentatonic scale for instance.. you have the knowledge to create a solo in it =]
:::Gear:::

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Aria Acoustic (idk what make)
Quote by ksmash5
So I'm learning all scales now and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and try to learn them in all possitions or learn 1st possition and then once I get that down start moving up the neck. What would be easier in the long run?

Learn one scale at a time, and start with the most important one which is the major scale....have a read of Josh Urban's Crusade articles in the columns section - don't just learn shapes, make sure you take the time to understand why those shapes exist and when you can use them.

Learning a load of bits of scales isn't going to be particularly helpful in the long run.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
id advise using grade hand books ,
some areas for consideration are :
promptness, clarity , accuracy,flunecy and eveness
Learn each of them in all positions.
It'll help your improvisation and soloing alot.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by steven seagull
Learn one scale at a time, and start with the most important one which is the major scale....have a read of Josh Urban's Crusade articles in the columns section - don't just learn shapes, make sure you take the time to understand why those shapes exist and when you can use them.

Learning a load of bits of scales isn't going to be particularly helpful in the long run.

Basically what he said, learn the basic scales first (major, minor) and go from there into more complex scales. But yeah, don't simply memorize where to put your fingers, learn WHY you put your fingers where you do.

Good luck.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
i learnt the pentatonic scale, major scale and blues scale in 1st position and then learnt the pentatonic scale all down the neck then blues scale(you only add one note) and now im learning the major scale all down the neck and then hopefully the be-bop scale