So I have a stock Hamer SAT2 pickup. Don't get me wrong here, I love it, but it tends to be a bit aggravating sometimes what with its static hum and brittle sound. It's got meat though. I'm wondering what a good pickup would be to replace it. It's got to have meat, punch, silence, articulate highs (at high volume and overdrive), calm lows (this can probably be adjusted by tone, but meh.) and good harmonics. I was thinking something in the Seymore Duncan or Gibson range? But what do I know.
The Gear:
Black Hamer XT Series Sunburst Archtop (SAT2)
Modded with: Gold Gibson '57 Classic Plus bridge pup
Gold Grover mini's

...and a Marshall MG 15 DFX X_x
the problem lies with your amp

changing pickups wont change much, far better to go for a tube amp
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
yeah "static hum and brittle sound" doesn't describe a stock hamer sunburst to me. That sounds like the shortcomings of the Marshall MG.

Is yours the one with humbuckers, or P-90s?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
it sounds like it's the amp try getting a better amps before getting new pickups.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by Blacken Seas
it sounds like it's the amp try getting a better amps before getting new pickups.

Even better alternative then that. Run to your local Guitar Center with your axe in hand, and try out bigger better amps then see if you have the issue.

You save yourself lots of money since you don't have to buy a thing until you've diagnosed it completely.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."