Page 1 of 2
So Pit,

What is it that you all hate about the music scene nowadays?

This can apply to whatever kind of music you like.

Unnecessary crowd surfing? Or maybe band members staying completely still while on stage?

Put down whatever you want, it's up to you.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You are a bad man...I like you

Quote by gillehy
you sir should be knighted

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!
MTV. All they do is spin unoriginal mediocre bands and groups. Seriously, one of the few times I've watched MTV, they were trying to trick Avenged Sevenfold (yes, I know they're a group, it was a group interview) into saying they're a skate punk band. WTF?!?

Edit: oops, I actually do like A7x, though.
the indie, art rock, pop punk **** that has polluted everything for the the better part of the last 8 years. it's false, dude.
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

The mass amount of 'indie' bands that aren't indie. Some of it is good, some of it is pretentious bollocks, but either way, the only thing that infuriates me is the 'indie' tag, eg Kings of Leon being called an Indie band, when they are quite clearly signed to a major label
I hate how people get really defensive about music. I'll admit that I was like that in the 8th grade. I'd tell people what they should like and put down the bands they already like. Then a revelation came where you should just enjoy the music that sounds good to you. Regardless of if the band sold out or some people think they're kinda gay.

Also, I hate a lot of Metallica fans these days. They keep arguing over stupid "Old Metallica" "New Metallica" stuff. If you like it, listen to it. If not, then don't and keep your mouth shut.
Slamdancing, Make-up, Dudes wearing their sisters pants.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
bands who change styles to make money. i.e. Linkin Park. i loved their old stuff. the new stuff is insanely horrible and nothing of their real musical stlye
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
I could write a book about what I hate about it, but I guess this will do...

I hate how today's music scene has essential devolved into a giant commerical clothing advertisment.
fans, i hate fans that love their music so much they would fight you if you told them you dont. Seriously folks, its just music, dont **** your pants if not everyone likes your favorite band.
The Dude abides
Quote by Hobby
I hate how people get really defensive about music. I'll admit that I was like that in the 8th grade. I'd tell people what they should like and put down the bands they already like. Then a revelation came where you should just enjoy the music that sounds good to you. Regardless of if the band sold out or some people think they're kinda gay.

what he said
Nothing except arseholes like the Gallagher brothers. Their music's awesome, but, yeah. Just that.

Quote by Hobby
I hate how people get really defensive about music. ... If you like it, listen to it. If not, then don't and keep your mouth shut.

And ****e like that.
Quote by Hobby

Also, I hate a lot of Metallica fans these days. They keep arguing over stupid "Old Metallica" "New Metallica" stuff. If you like it, listen to it. If not, then don't and keep your mouth shut.

on the Metallica subject, anybody who has ever really listned to more than 2 songs knows that they have ALOT of different styles. so those types of ppl dont have much of an argument about "new"and "old" Metallica
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Some of my stupid classmates, who know nothing of music, think that Linkn Park are better and have more fans than Led Zep. But its not just me whining, its a trend within my Generation and i'm one of few making a stand. Its also the tag given to popstars now, as soon as they pick up a guitar MTV says they ROCK and at that point I just e.g. Pink ,thats all I have to say, no flaming intended but thats just my feelings.
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Aria 12-String Acoustic Guitar
People by jackasses just because they like different music to other people.
Advertising in music videos by artist who quite frankly don't need the extra money

(eg, 400 closeups of a new Nokia mobile in a Fall out boy video)
The fans mainly.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by LedDaveZeppelin
Slamdancing, Make-up, Dudes wearing their sisters pants.

Yeah i hate that.... they need to wear their sisters shirts also

I dont have a problem with indie music.. i think bands like The Libertines, The Smiths and stuff as late as The Arctic Monkeys were all preety original.. but I think everything that could of being done here has being done, so why do people still love this stuff, bands like The Kooks and The Enemy get so much credit for what those earlier bands achieved
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
all british bands who all sing like the "singer" from arctic monkeys (fact) and all thier guitar riffs are exactly reminiscent of razorlights in the morning (same tone etc...also fact!)

i hate all this channel 4 "yoof" **** they think music is a fashion accessory anyway

i hate katy perry because my sisters a little try hard and trend follower and its not hard to imagine her taking this song seriously and "try it" her self to seem cool (if your reading this katy f(_)ck you! you binty bunt <unt)
I hate how the local music scene in my area is all death metal... I'm lookin for a band to play in and there's a bunch of bands lookin for guitarists but I'm not into that music. Guess I could always seel out and join them... nah
Quote by melton100
I hate how the local music scene in my area is all death metal... I'm lookin for a band to play in and there's a bunch of bands lookin for guitarists but I'm not into that music. Guess I could always seel out and join them... nah

damn i wished i live were you do, i love death metal
The Dude abides
Quote by Rockon914
damn i wished i live were you do, i love death metal

+1

My band is the only metal band in my area. The other bands play pop punk/emo, where they play the same 3 chords over and over again. My band gets hated because we use more harsh vocals and are a bit more technical.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Quote by soapalot
Yeah, todays British music sucks hard

Elbow? Radiohead? Babyshambles? The Cribs?
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by VanadiumLG
Yeah i hate that.... they need to wear their sisters shirts also

You dare compare this rock God to the **** that's out today?

Piss off
Lil Wayne + guitar

EDIT:
Quote by Pizza The Hut
I hate how today's music scene has essential devolved into a giant commerical clothing advertisment.

Also this.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Last edited by SoWrongItsMatt at Nov 21, 2008,
That you have to be talented. It just sucks.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
politics.

trash talking, high and mighty bands, high and mighty fans, local record labels that pretend they're big ****.

yea.. i don't play shows anymore.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

And you're trying to disprove his point?

To be honest nothing about the modern music scene annoys me. It's all the same as it was in the damn of the music industry, it's just that pepole now have the internet to bitch about it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
what dont i hate about todays music scene?i mean youve got rap and hip hop dont get me started, and youve got sappy ****ty stuff like hinder, and youve got meaning less **** like the jonas brothers or miley cyrus, then bland **** like billy talent and if that wasnt enough, we have ****ty reunions, and in all honesty, they are always a ghost of what they were
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

You've failed to list a band I'd pay to see live. In fact, I'd pay to be excused most of those 'acts'.
Page 1 of 2