I am not a fan of signatures, hell I don't even know who Kevin Bond is or what band he plays in (no offense to his fans) but I fu*kin love his signature Rhoads. My favorite shape of all is the Rhoads and I drool over the black one with red bevels. I rarely switch to the neck pickup on my RR3 so its not an absolute necessity to me.

I would like some advice or suggestions of other guitars in the same price range before I make my final decision and also I love Jackson to death so take that into consideration as well.

THX

EDIT: just looked at the RR24 it has a Floyd Rose which is a plus, but has an EMG 81 pickup which will not be any good for cleans or at least not as good as the Iommi pickup in the Bonds.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Last edited by breakstuff at Nov 21, 2008,
I've played one last night it sounded sterile and playablity is crap against the RR3 or RR5.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Have you seen the RR24 its incredably simlar to the Kevin Bond Sig model only it has a floyd rose and active pickups. If you're not too fond of sig models it might be the way to go. Oh and Kevin Bond played in Superjoint Ritual.

EDIT: nvm, just read the last bit of your post where you discover the RR24
Last edited by Necrotise at Nov 21, 2008,
My adivce: Go with an RR3, RR5, or used Pro if you need versatility. If that is not too import, decide if you want 24 frets and a Floyd. Once you decide on that, if you get the RR24, consider putting an 85 in and trading the 81, as the 85 works well enough for cleans if it is not high enough on your list to change your mind on the guitar, but enough to bug you.
I'm not big on the pentagram inlays, but whatever.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by postmortem2006
LAternatively, as mentioned above, buy the RR24 and replace the pickup. Although I'd suggest a Seymour Duncan Blackout, those things are brilliant - EMGs have AWFUL tone, full stop.

not if you play metal ,

the huge majority of metal bands use EMG's

because they have awesome tone
Quote by Wayfaerer
I finally got the solo to Leper Affinity down.

Afterwards I kinda felt like masturbating.

All i can really say is , laugh out fxcking loud.