I have a problem, i've been playing for 8 months, and i can play rythm guitar very well, but i don't know how to play solos...
Can you tell me which songs with a beginner solo could i play?
Playing guitar solos is all about fundamentals. You won't be able do develop until you improve your technique. There is a guide right now on UG, search the ultimate guide to guitar in the column section. To learn how to solo you have to be committed to the guitar and put a lot of work into it. Youre gonna get what you put into it, so practice alot and soon you'll be learning
Ubt is right. I'm just now getting into solos and I've been playing for over 4 years. Just practice easy things, build technique, and work at it.
Highway to Hell by AC/DC.

It's not too fast andnot too long but is chock-full of textbook licks and techniques. Something like Smells Like Teen Spirit is "easier" but in all hoensty it's a bit too easy - you won't learn an awful lot from that one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Rocking4ever
I have a problem, i've been playing for 8 months, and i can play rythm guitar very well, but i don't know how to play solos...
Can you tell me which songs with a beginner solo could i play?

Can you be a little bit more specific? What solos? What techniques do you have trouble with?
i started playing smells like teen spirit solo, i can play it
if i have a solo like this:
e----3-----------2
B-------6-----5---
G----------9------
and you have to play it fast
then, the intro riff from black dog-led zeppelin.. are there some exercises for that?
Learn "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, the solo isn't hard but it's bloody good.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i started off by playing Hendrix style blues and getting the feel of Pentatonic scale, from that you branch into different styles
*See Beginner Song Sticky*

I started with...

-Californication by RHCP
- Helter Skelter by U2
-Sunshine of Your Love by Cream
-I Love Rock And Roll by Joan Jett

Iron Man is a good one when you want to work to work to gain some speed
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
I'd suggest Fire by the Jimi Hendrix Experience.
-Brings you into barre chords
-Helps you get a feel for Hendrix
-Has an easy solo; just much bending
-Helps increase speed/accuracy
Quote by steven seagull
Highway to Hell by AC/DC.

It's not too fast andnot too long but is chock-full of textbook licks and techniques. Something like Smells Like Teen Spirit is "easier" but in all hoensty it's a bit too easy - you won't learn an awful lot from that one.

Yeah I have been playing for 5 months and Highway yo hell is a great solo. Also the more then a feeling solo is really good and not hard.
You will have to first learn all the scales mostly pentatonic scales if you want to play by ear. If you want to play by listening to tabs, try nothing else matter solo. its an easy one and you should be able to play it. Listen to the song and read the tab and keep on practicing.
Stairway to Heaven
Hotel California
All along the watchtower (hendrix) first 3 solos.

None of these have bits that are too fast, so if you work at them you might learn a bit from them. They are each based around the pentatonic minor scale. Hopefully you have a go at playing them and enjoy them. These are the solos i first started to work on and remember being quite fond of all of them (i still pull them out once in a while when im having a bad day on guitar).
^ yeah i would agree, there are parts in the solo that are faster than what beginners can manage. You're looking to find a cool solo which has good phrasing but is still simple enough so that people can follow it and get to the end without getting stuck at a really fast part for like 6 months (like what happened to me) because it really demotivates you. The idea is to 'keep the ball rolling' and keep confidence growing
Deep Purples highway star is always one i recommend because it sounds really cool and is really really deceptively easy.

ive been playing about a year, and suck ass....yet i play this really well...so go for it
I want to break free by Queen is an excellent beginner solo.
[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/28cfr4k.jpg[/IMG]
i would suggest insted of just learning others solos try to get the feel you have with rythem with some common riffs see how you can put them over certain riffs, this months guitar world has "50 must know riffs" dont worry about speed or being technicle that will destroy a rookies confidents to listen to some amazing guitar solo and realize you cant play it right now, just worry about accuracy and technice and you will get there
Quote by Hazza616
I want to break free by Queen is an excellent beginner solo.

...which was actually played on a synth

you're right though, it actually transposes nicely for the guitar and is pretty easy to play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Rain by Trivium is easier than most songs by them. Master of Puppets is easy if you start slow and hten speed it up once you get good.
Gear Wish list:

Gibson Custom Les Paul Left handed

ISP Decimator

Maxon OD808

Peavey 6505 Halfstack

Gear Fund: 0/6000
Once you get the hang of the basics try giving the Smoke On The Water solo a shot. It has different types of bends as well as a few quick picking passages.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Try playing the solo to Master Of Puppets by Metallica. The solo by Hammett which looks pretty easy. Just Google search "Master of puppets solo guitar tabs"
Quote by whulkamania
Try playing the solo to Master Of Puppets by Metallica. The solo by Hammett which looks pretty easy. Just Google search "Master of puppets solo guitar tabs"

Unless you're referring to the 1st solo, I don't see why you're trying to be funny.