Ok so for my schools talent show my drummer told me to buy an acoustic guitar. We are going to do a rendition of All Apologies by Nirvana and I was wondering if im better off buying a crappy acoustic guitar from a pawn shop like kurt did, or buying a good one from guitar center.. by the way i love kurts sound from his acoustic demos. What do you suggest? I cant spend alot of money either because i just bought a new bass. suggestions?
RIP Kurt Cobain 1967-1994

Guitar Gear:
Squier Jagmaster (killswitch, dimarzio super dist. &tone zone pups)
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
buy a westfield acoustic.
about £115, they reli nice if you get a good one, and they reli reli cheap, and not bad
or go to the pawn shop and get one, tend to be nice tbh. cause if u get one for like 115 from tehre, second hand, as long as its in good nick, u getting like a 200quid guitar for 100. so its gonna be a good guitar, btu needs to be in good nick
or just borrow a mates ones
are stellas good acoustics?

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
haha that solves it, im just gunna go to a pawn shop and test some out now. if not ima sell my old old bass for a decent one

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
dude kurts acoustic was from a pawn shop and i loved that sound. i have a feeling yall are saying i should go with guitar center. plus the pawn shop had sh1t today. i went 2 4 stores and the only decent onme was a squier acoustic for $100.

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Quote by davebain27
dude kurts acoustic was from a pawn shop and i loved that sound. i have a feeling yall are saying i should go with guitar center. plus the pawn shop had sh1t today. i went 2 4 stores and the only decent onme was a squier acoustic for $100.

kurt cobain had MANY guitars. It depends on what recordings you're talking about, because anything after Nevermind, he was using nice guitars. Anything before Bleach, he was using crap guitars. Anything between, I couldn't tell ya.

Just because Kurt Cobain was poor doesn't mean you have to buy a really crappy guitar. Besides, why do you need an acoustic guitar to play all apologies? He uses an electric guitar in the song.

PS. $100 for a squier at a pawn shop is a rip off. Go to guitar center, buy a $150 acoustic guitar and call it a day.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Greg Bennett's acoustic guitars are amazing for what you pay...check them out if you can find a dealer. (GC doesn't carry them )
Nope, no sig here.
Check out Shopgoodwill.com. You can sometimes find a decent guitar for not a lot of money.
i agree. just cause kurt had a **** guitar doesnt mean having a **** one will make urs sound good cause its ****
kurts sounded **** tbh in most instances, all earlier recordings didnt have great sound quality.
After nevermind, Kurt was known to spend huge amounts of money moding his guitars to get them just how he wanted. the pawn shop one he uses in some of unplugged is actually only pawn shop in the body. the neck is replaced, he added his own very nice pick ups and strings and new bridge.

dont be cheap

And dont try and just copy ur "hero", kurt didnt choose for his guitars to sound like that, i think he probs hated how **** his guitars were most of the time and wished they sounded better and he could afford better amps ect. develop your own sound and dont try and copy kurt, get an imagination
Dude, go to guitar center. Having a crappy guitar will give you a crappy tone. Not a tone like Kurt's...a crappy one.
Pot
Kettle
Black
hey,
I say you should buy a new one... If you really want to do what cobain did ...well go ahead!!!!