I have a 6505+, and i was just wondering if a tubescreamer/boss sd-1 etc really have enough of an effect on the sound to be worth purchasing. i've always just used the head by itself (besides a noise gate), but i was watching interviews with guitarists from a lot of the bands i listen to , and the majority of the ones that use the 6505/5150 head said they used an ibanez tubescreamer with it.

basically i just wanna know what that will do to my sound and if its worth it. i play deathmetal/deathcore kind of music (whitechapel, carnifex etc) and would just like some feedback and opinions to help me decide if its even worth bothering with.

thanks!
The pedal will tighten it up and all, but I also find that the amp loses some of its oomph when you run it with a pedal. I usually prefer to just plug straight into the amp.

edit: oh, and if you're wondering, this is coming from my experience with a 5150 head and using a TS-7 and SD-1.
cool thanks. thats kinda what i figured it would do but its always nice to hear other peoples feedback
I've never experienced a single time when an amp lost it's "oomph" when run with an OD. If anything, it adds to it and saturates your tone a bit, in most cases it really fills out the amp's sound.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I've never experienced a single time when an amp lost it's "oomph" when run with an OD. If anything, it adds to it and saturates your tone a bit, in most cases it really fills out the amp's sound.

Definitely, an OD tightens up the tone and really makes it cut, a good addition.