Page 1 of 8
Whats your opinion on Stemcell Research?

Im all for it, It means people dont have to take anti-rejection drugs after transplants.

:Poll:
Last edited by FetusFace at Nov 21, 2008,
Perhaps a Poll would help?

Late EruptionEDIT:

I support Stemmcell Research by the way.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Last edited by Eruption1991 at Nov 21, 2008,
I'm kind of undecided to be honest. It's good that it saves lifes and can find cures to diseases etc. but being brought up a christian I kind of feel that it isn't right to kill a potential human being, tough one.

I think the need to save lifes can justify the means done though even if it is very unethical.
Yes.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I support abortion and homosexuality.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
yes. i see no problem with it whatsoever
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Stem cell research = all kinds of win. Not just because it could lead to large reductions in waiting times for transplants, but also because it offers the best chance for me to actually breed an army of obedient man-panzees.
I'm all for it.
Plus, there has been quite a bit of progress in inducing non-embryonic cells to act like stem cells, which lessens the controversy.
Yay lol
My class learned about this in biology. The only problems with it are the 'moral issues' or whatever. I don't get why a few balls of cells lives are seen as by some people to be more important than millions of people who could be saved from dying tbh.

wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by el-ECTRO
Yay lol
My class learned about this in biology. The only problems with it are the 'moral issues' or whatever. I don't get why a few balls of cells lives are seen as by some people to be more important than millions of people who could be saved from dying tbh.

Because someone said that God said so.
Quote by JamesDouglas
I support abortion and homosexuality.

Right on.

And I say, yes.

I don't get why they don't allow the research of stem cells in the US. Abortion is legal, but the Christians whine about it. So they won't allow potential lives to be saved by using the stem cells? That part is just too evil for them I guess... It could save more lives then one unwanted fetus. And if the fetus is aborted anyway, why not use the f*cking stem cells? I don't see the logic. Either sh*t or get of the pot.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by aaciseric
I'm kind of undecided to be honest. It's good that it saves lifes and can find cures to diseases etc. but being brought up a christian I kind of feel that it isn't right to kill a potential human being, tough one.

I think the need to save lifes can justify the means done though even if it is very unethical.

Don't see how "kill potential person" is a point in this? They don't abort fetuses just to get stem cells. The abortion has already happened and they're either going to throw it in the garbage or actually make use of it. I would think it would be much better to make use of it. The ethics of abortion doesn't have a place in this discussion really.

Also, I don't really see what's tough about it. You save a person who is already living, already has commitments, already has family/friends/kids, has a job, etc. or you don't save that person.

On a side note: Can't they get stem cells from umbilical cords?
Last edited by RockInPeaceDime at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Right on.

And I say, yes.

I don't get why they don't allow the research of stem cells in the US. Abortion is legal, but the Christians whine about it. So they won't allow potential lives to be saved by using the stem cells? That part is just too evil for them I guess... It could save more lives then one unwanted fetus. And if the fetus is aborted anyway, why not use the f*cking stem cells? I don't see the logic. Either sh*t or get of the pot.

They do allow stem cell research in the US, they just have chosen to restrict government funding of it.

Bush equals major phailage.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Last edited by Wigert at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Right on.

And I say, yes.

Well they don't condone abortion at all. It's just a bit harder to overturn one of the most famous Supreme Court decisions in US history than it is to stop a new law coming into effect.
Quote by MightyAl
Because someone said that God said so.

This is why I'm an atheist
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

Pro-tip:

aborted foetuses are not the only source of embryonic stem cells.

Get your dumb ass uninformed "it's murder" opinions outta my face, because it doesn't have to be, and isn't.
Yes, and where's the poll?
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Yay.
There's no ethical reason not to now that said stemcells don't have to be obtained embrionically.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yes, I'm all for it. They're well on their way to developing a cure for diabetes with stem cells, and as I've had type one diabetes since I was two years old I wouldn't mind being cured.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=embryos-survive-stem-cell-harvest

http://health.yahoo.com/pregnancy-afterdelivery/umbilical-cord-blood-stem-cells/healthwise--uq1027spec.html

Even if the cells are taken from an aborted foetus, who cares? It's going to be just as dead either way, might as well make use of the stem cells rather than just waste them.

It's the same as organ donation, if you're dead anyway what does it matter if your liver/heart/lungs etc are donated to someone else?
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Now that they are finding new ways of creating stem cells from different things (umbilical cords, skin cells, etc.) I support stem-cell research. I support these ways of creating them, not the abortion method though.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Pro-tip:

Get your dumb ass uninformed "it's murder" opinions outta my face, because it doesn't have to be, and isn't.

I guess it depends on the method they use to acquire the stem cells. If it's from aborting fetuses or fertilizing ovules in a petri dish then I'm not cool with it. If on the other hand they use the following methods:

Now that they are finding new ways of creating stem cells from different things (umbilical cords, skin cells, etc.) I support stem-cell research. I support these ways of creating them, not the abortion method though.

then I'm cool with it.
Has anyone else noticed TS's ironic username?

yay, who cares if religous people say it's against god (ie george bush) who cares if some people have moral issues about it, most peple don't even understand circumstances on which its used.For example it saved someone with damaged lungs.

Its like the moral issues with abortion. "You're killing babies". No you're not. You're killing a mindless group of cells (depends on how far into pregnancy) , what do these people know about why some one has an abortion. Rape victims get treated the same as drunk teenagers for having an abortion.

People that disagree with anything like this don't know much about it. Anyway they have started stem cell research on non-embyoic cells.

rant over
its good, its some cool niw kind of recycling

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Revolutionary research that could save millions of people's lives > the life of one unwanted baby who will probably spend most of his life in prison because he's mentally scarred from his single mother treating him like **** through childhood.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by freedoms_stain
Pro-tip:

Who was that aimed at? Because your'e right that it is not murder if Stem Cells are taken from somewhere else and is infact a fantastic thing. If they publicised this fact then i'm sure there wouldn't be a problem with it. The main reason it isn't officail government policy in most countries is because they are worried about losing support from the religous community (keeping in mind that it isn't just the pope who is against it) and for alot of countries the main support is from religous people who don't even fully understand their own religion (i.e. christians who believe in creationism when the CCC says evolutionary) let alone science.
Why do people always spell "yea" wrong?

And yea for stem cell research.
sup?
It's great. Embryonic stem cells are best because they have the potential to turn into all sorts of tissue.

And they're not taken from fetuses. They're taken from early embryos called blastocysts, about 4 days after fertilisation. Much later and they no longer have the potential to turn into any type of tissue.

They're just a clump of cells in no way similar to your baby-shaped fetus, and could be made from spare eggs produced in IVF. These eggs would normally be chucked out, so you're not wasting any life which would otherwise happen. And since IVF actual creates life which wouldn't be able to happen otherwise, embryonic stem cells would be a byproduct of creating life that helps to save more lives. Isn't that nice?