so im a physics major in my second year. So being a physics major I have a rather deep appreciation for the physics behind a vacuum tube. So me and my buddy have this idea; we want to take the high def signal from a s/pdif port and use a 3 channel tube amp to amplify the signal. Any one else think this is a good idea? or has it been done already, I've looked a little bit but haven't found any thing that does this. Has this been done/ is it a good idea?
my gear:
Jackson Roads Pro
Gibson Explorer Pro
Fender American P-bass
Squire P-bass
Fender rumble 300 bass amp
Peavey 6505 head
Marshall special edition red cab
Quote by keabler
high def aduio tube amp?
*audio
Quote by keabler
so im a physics major in my second year. So being a physics major I have a rather deep appreciation for the physics behind a vacuum tube.
do you really?
Quote by keabler
So me and my buddy have this idea; we want to take the high def signal from a s/pdif port and use a 3 channel tube amp to amplify the signal. Any one else think this is a good idea? or has it been done already, I've looked a little bit but haven't found any thing that does this. Has this been done/ is it a good idea?
you'll have to convert to analogue first.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'd have thought this would be counter productive.

Valve amplification adds "warmth" and "colour" to a sound. While this may be wanted in some applications like guitar and bass amps, when working with high-fi sound, you want it to be amplified so it is as close as possible to the original sound, only louder.

Just dont think it would work, that's all. Sure, you'll get a sound if you do it correctly, but it'd be a fantastic waste of money/time IMHO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...