I really need a new guitar, My Ibanez is fine, but having a floyd, makes diff tunings impossible, and when im playing I need 2 guitars, and my ****ty Epiphone just sucks.

I'm getting a new guitar for Christmas, and it has to be around $500-600 bucks.

I dont give a **** if it has a floyd or not, Neck thru or set necks are prefered, and it has to have decent pickups.

Also, before anyone goes new amp, I have a Mesa/Boogie Stiletto.
Ltd EC-400?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by SRVtheman
Maybe a Schecter Hellraiser C-1.

I had that in mind. Theres like 1 store which sells schecters in canada, and its overpriced crazily though.
ESP.

Best for the price range, IMO, with neck-thru option plus good pickups off the shelf and reliable hardware.

I'd go with an MH series. Eclipses are nice, but some people find the upper register hard to get to. I didn't have that problem, though.

Have a look at Schecter as well. They've really stepped it up in the past couple of years.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Schecter Damien for around 400 bucks. Had mine for about 6 months and kills at drop tunings because of the basswood body. Itune it to Drop-C.You can t go wrong.
I'm gonna have to second the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. Excellent Instrument.

Go for the Schecter XXX, if you can find it in stock. The pickups on it are absolutely amazing for the price.
My guitar is not a thing. It is an extension of myself. It is who i am.
Quote by yoyodunno
Ok, hmm are you opposed to the strat body type or are you still going for that super strat style?

Not opposed really, I just dont want another Ibanez.
I think a RR5 would be really cool, you can sometimes find them on ebay for around 600, and then use the cashback thing.

But, I'm fairly sure the next guitar i'm going to get is going to be some sort of TTM strat, and it will be for metal/whatever. They have some very good priced USA guitars since they aren't so widely known. Sometimes they have them on ebay for very cheap, and if you want to spend more you can give them your specs.
any of the LTD guitars from the 500 series would seem a good choice for you.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Ah, well yeah the RR3 looks pretty awesome too. The good thing about V's I think is the position you play in(like classical), is easier for me to play. Because for me it's harder to get into that position without a V guitar.

Btw SG's work great for metal too, the neck is just a bit chunkier.
Quote by mikeyElite
any of the LTD guitars from the 500 series would seem a good choice for you.
Yeah, I played an EX400 once, and it felt really, really good.
Quote by FRDesign
Yeah, I played an EX400 once, and it felt really, really good.

yeah i actually meant 400 series, i own a viper 400 and when i tried it out i was so in love that i couldn't leave the store without it, the neck is so smooth and amazing
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. Duh.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by FRDesign
I had that in mind. Theres like 1 store which sells schecters in canada, and its overpriced crazily though.

Order one online through Musician's friend or something like that
Quote by Øttər
The MG isn't an amplifier, it's a box filled with angry, angry bees.

XD

The junk in my trunk:
Guitar: Dean Vendetta 1
Amp: 15W Line 6 Spider III amp
Effects Gear: Boss Metal Zone MT-2 Distortion Pedal.

Next Guitar: LTD M-1000
Quote by FRDesign

Actually, I think you can a cheap one from the Guitar Center site for 300$.
I am so damn sick of people going on and on about Schecter. Metal guitarists want playability.

Schecters are becoming the next Ibanez. You all know how bad THAT situation got.

To contribute, I say an ESP or Jackson. Both have GREAT metal guitars that are worthy of whatever price you pay. ESPs are often equipped with EMGs or SDs too.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Last edited by YourDad at Nov 23, 2008,
Quote by mikeyElite
yeah i actually meant 400 series, i own a viper 400 and when i tried it out i was so in love that i couldn't leave the store without it, the neck is so smooth and amazing

I know, I was suprised by how well it played.
Quote by YourDad

Schecters are becoming the next Ibanez. You all know how bad THAT situation got.

Yeah, it's terrible when you make good instruments without all of them costing over a thousand and your business is successful because of it.

Just like Ibanez.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you