Now that I'm in a band that might start playing in live situations, I need a help from pedals since I cant take my hands off of my guitar. The situation is that I need to go from clean to distortion without stopping playing. Like having the my volume knob on my guitar down and then turning it up. As in going from clean sound to distortion. I hope you know what I mean. But the question is, will a volume pedal act the same as the volume knob on my guitar or the volume knob on my amp? Also, I've seen volume/wah pedals. Does anyone know of any specific pedal like that that is good?

Thanks in advance, I just remembered that I get to go play at the PSU pep rally tonight in State College!
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
a volume pedal can act as either or.

If you put the pedal between your guitar and amp it will act as a the volume knob on your guitar. If you put it in the effects loop on your amp it will act as the volume knob on your amp.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Thanks thats just what I needed. Ive been looking at the Morley wah volume and the mister crybaby. Anybody have any experience with these pedals?
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
I've seen lots of people use the Ernie Ball VP Jr. The only other volume pedal I've heard of is the Visual Sound Visual Volume. Sorry I don't have better recommendations than for you to find some and try them out.