I have a crimson swirl RR3 Jackson with Duncan designed pickups and I cant seem to find a way to find what year it was manufactured or any other details about it.

I have the serial number engraved at the back of the bolt plate of course but have no idea what the numbers stand for. Can someone help me out with finding the details.

THX
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Thx dude, but I already checked that out, RR3s are not made in the US, they are made in Japan, that list is only for US made guitars.

Quote by breakstuff
Thx dude, but I already checked that out, RR3s are not made in the US, they are made in Japan, that list is only for US made guitars.

Hmmm, can't find anything else on google, i'll post something if i find it, though
Sorry for the double post, but i just found this on a jackson owners site:

* The Japanese bolt-on model Jacksons have 7 digit serial numbers, starting with 9. The serial is stamped into the neck plate, unless it's a plate-less model (Kelly) - in which case the serial is on a sticker on the back of the headstock. There is no known way to determine the year of manufacture of a bolt-on import Jackson, except by comparing its features to old catalogues.

and

* All _neck through_ Jackson imports were made in Japan, and have a six digit serial stamped into the fretboard behind the last fret. Some claim that the first digit indicates what year it was made (2 for 92, etc), but that information is quite unreliable.
Last edited by irishstang_87 at Nov 21, 2008,
Models that are sold outside of the continental United States cannot be tracked using this serial number inquiry system. These models are shipped directly from the manufacturing plant to the distributor in your country and are not tracked here in the United States at Charvel. The history of these instruments are not known to Jackson since the were not shipped thru their facility and therefore cannot be tracked by Jackson's service staff in the United States. Please contact your country's distributor for more information regarding these instruments.

thats all i found
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
irishstang_87, justinb904, thanks for the info dudes.

Last edited by breakstuff at Nov 21, 2008,