I can cleanly sweep pick on my standard tuned acoustic, but on my electric, which is tuned to C# all but my 3 string arpeggios are really sloppy.

What the hell am I doing that changes from acoustic to electric?
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
different string tension and space between strings
the typical culprit
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
So essentially I just have to get used to the difference?
Quote by gilly_90
Which one is better?
Thanks
on an acoustic, you can't really here the screw ups. if u got a lot of gain on the electric, try the hairband on the strings technique
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
I can't sweep pick worth **** but my guess is that because of the tension difference between your acoustic's strings and your electric's is whats probably doing it. I don't know what gauge strings are on your electric but if your downtuned with lighter strings then there probably pretty floppy and will bend to unwanted pitches pretty easily.
you have overdrive on your electric. this makes it sound sloppy. suggestion: you have to practise until it doesn't sound sloppy with overdrive.
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
Well, I left my electric at my friends house for about a month, and I've been doing a lot of classical oriented stuff on my acoustic lately, so I guess I just got out of touch with distortion for a little while.

Thanks for the help you guys.
Quote by gilly_90
Which one is better?
Thanks
Quote by Sakattack75
try the hairband on the strings technique

Unless you can somehow manage to get a hairband on your strings in the blink of an eye and off again just as fast, all you're doing is hiding from reality (the fact that your strings WILL ring out and you need to learn to mute them).