Page 1 of 2
Just wanted to know what you guys do when you recieve money. Put it away, or spend it?!

I have like £300 saved which is ****eee. I am only 16 but realising i need to save. But for what?!?!

whats everyones opinion on this? Is it necasary and needed? or not that big a deal?

Moom
I always splurge on something stupid.

It's probably better to save it and spend when you REALLY want something expensive.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
how about save for education?
Why do kids never know what to save for?
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Quote by moominman2
Anyone actully save money?!?!? haha

I do, but then I blow it all in the future.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by Just Andrew
I always splurge on something stupid.

Like MY mum?

>_>

<_<
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
Like MY mum?

>_>

<_<
No. ON YOUR MOM!

....wait.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Save. I always make sure I have enough money to bail me out if **** hits the fan; and then when I do let myself splurge... I make it big like a new guitar; which will always be more exciting than continually splurging on little things like cds or dvds.

Plus; you're 16... should you decide to head to college or move out on your own; it takes quite a bit to get on your feet.
I save for education and housing and stuff, I don't plan on living with my parents forever. Never to early to start saving. I already have quite a bit saved up too, good to know I'll have money when i need it.
I'm saving mine at the moment (hopefully to help towards med school if I can get in) I've got about £900 but the temptation to buy something is so annoying
Quote by Habs
Get a job ! .... kids...

IV BEEN JOB HUNTING! gave out my cv's and have had one out of 11 responses saying NO. So i am trying. I need the money desperatly. I haven't done my gcse exams yet so im at a bit of a loss...
Quote by pak1351
If you plan to spend money while at college, you should start saving

this.

I've got about $3000 in my bank account, but half of it's going to my second semester of college next week, and I've just spent almost $1k on guitar stuff in the last little bit...

...man, I need another job if I'm going to keep this up
I save up if I have nothing to buy, so when I need to buy something I can get it. I do have a job though so that makes it easier.

I'd just say just try and save enough of your money if you don't need to buy anything.
TRANSFORMICE

I have 4000 saved in my bank because I regularly try to avoid spending my money. But then someone always wants to borrow it, and it really annoys me.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Pffft no.
The whole point of money is to spend it.
So be like me, and spend like a rockstar.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Ok guys. I don't need things but i could do with them

such as recording software, a keyboard to learn on and to read music, new strings etc...

its all helping my understanding of music and everything but I don't have enough to be spending.
I know someone that used to babysit when they were a kid and they would save every penny and when she was in her mid twenties she had enough for a house (in a very expensive town) and an SUV. Just a little food for thought.
I keep two funds, one is for essentials like food and rent, and I try to always keep putting in a little more than I take out, and then I have a separate fund for fun stuff which currently has abut $800 and will being going towards my first tube amp sometime after Christmas when I have enough.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Pffft no.
The whole point of money is to spend it.
So be like me, and spend like a rockstar.

That was the attitude Jon Anderson had. Then he had to record a piece of garbage like Owner of a Lonely Heart to get out of the hole.

I mean seriously.. who the hell wants to play with the Buggles?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
That was the attitude Jon Anderson had. Then he had to record a piece of garbage like Owner of a Lonely Heart to get out of the hole.

I mean seriously.. who the hell wants to play with the Buggles?

Maybe, but I'm not Jon Anderson.
I also have the sense not to ruin Yes' good name with such a terrible song.
Trust me, I'll be fine.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
At what age did you folks who save start? and about how much when?

I get money a week and lately i'v been putting a tenner away a week and having a fiver for the weekend. Or if I spend little, I use the fiver for the next weekend aswell. I can live of very little but it gets hard after a while. I feel like all im doing is saving for something I don't even know about.

But with xmas round the corner, im skint again. Presents presents presents! I dislike xmas for this.
Last edited by moominman2 at Nov 21, 2008,
I started saving as soon as I got a job and started getting serious money not just allowance. And christmas is always hard on my bank account. Too many goddamn people to buy for.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Maybe, but I'm not Jon Anderson.
I also have the sense not to ruin Yes' good name with such a terrible song.
Trust me, I'll be fine.

Well, to be fair.. Jon was kinda ruining Yes' good name before the Buggles took over. I mean, it wasn't like Tormato was any good. That album is responsible for 95 percent of my personal problems.
Quote by moominman2
At what age did you folks who save start? and about how much when?

I get money a week and lately i'v been putting a tenner away a week and having a fiver for the weekend. Or if I spend little, I use the fiver for the next weekend aswell. I can live of very little but it gets hard after a while. I feel like all im doing is saving for something I don't even know about.

But with xmas round the corner, im skint again. Presents presents presents! I dislike xmas for this.

I first started saving money when I was in the fifth grade. All money I got from Christmas, birthdays, or mowing people's lawns went into a bank account because I was saving up for a drum set. Then when I was in the 7th grade I got one. Then when I was 15 I started saving money again so I could buy my own acoustic guitar because I was using my dad's. Then when I was 17, I started saving for an electric guitar. But now I've been saving up for roughly a year for various things I need now. But I've been a saver from a young age.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by moominman2
what?

you're 16. Saving for a driver's license would be the best thing you could do right now, as it would open up so many more opportunities once you're able to drive.
Quote by dandadog
you're 16. Saving for a driver's license would be the best thing you could do right now, as it would open up so many more opportunities once you're able to drive.

Aren't driver's licenses only like.. 15 dollars? That's all mine cost me. Except for the many replacements I've had to get.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by dandadog

Ah yes good point!
I'v been thinking about this really carefully and i actully live in a town so I haven't much need for a car although i'd love one. I also don't have a drive...its a street we have to use.

Would you still learn to drive and buy a car?
I've always saved and spent. For example, if I got £100, I'd save £50 and spend £50.

But trust me, saving is a good thing. When you're 16 you don't really need money but in a couple of years you'll want a car, have to pay rent, etc etc...and having some money saved away comes in very handy.

Quote by moominman2
Ah yes good point!
I'v been thinking about this really carefully and i actully live in a town so I haven't much need for a car although i'd love one. I also don't have a drive...its a street we have to use.

Provisional licence costs like £30. And you don't really need a car until after you've passed your test anyway, but seeing as lessons are around about £18 each and you'll need at least 20 and probably closer to 40...and this is assuming you'll pass first time, which is unlikely here in the UK.

And then there's car insurance, which is friggin' ridiculous already but will be more for you if you live in a city/are a boy.

Edit: not to mention road tax, MOTs, servicing, voluntary excess, etc etc...
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Last edited by esther_mouse at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by moominman2
Ah yes good point!

Well I'm only 15 right now, but as soon as new year comes, I'm saving my money for a car and driver's license. Just because you live in a town now and don't need a car, as soon as you need a job or something, you WILL need a license, and the age required to get a license is being raised to 18 soon, so the sooner you get your's the better.
Quote by esther_mouse
I've always saved and spent. For example, if I got £100, I'd save £50 and spend £50.

But trust me, saving is a good thing. When you're 16 you don't really need money but in a couple of years you'll want a car, have to pay rent, etc etc...and having some money saved away comes in very handy.

And lets not forget, nothing feels better than pulling a few thousand out of your bank account every now and again, and rolling around on a bed full of hundreds, and rubbing them all your body while rapping badly about bitches and money.. Well.. Money anyway..

I'm currently saving up for a gold and diamond studded grill.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
And lets not forget, nothing feels better than pulling a few thousand out of your bank account every now and again, and rolling around on a bed full of hundreds, and rubbing them all your body while rapping badly about bitches and money.. Well.. Money anyway..

I'm currently saving up for a gold and diamond studded grill.

Of course.

I have a current account in my bank for "now" money, which I use when I'm going to buy things, and a savings account at a building society for things like car insurance, work money, etc.

Oh, and people, please get it right: "licence" is a noun, "license" is a verb. You have a driver's licence with a c, ok?
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
Of course.

I have a current account in my bank for "now" money, which I use when I'm going to buy things, and a savings account at a building society for things like car insurance, work money, etc.

Oh, and people, please get it right: "licence" is a noun, "license" is a verb. You have a driver's licence with a c, ok?

Actually, both can be used as a noun or verb. Licence would be a verb with an object.

It would be, "I am a lincenced driver" for example. Actually, I think it can be, "licensed driver" as well.

But then, I'm American.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Nov 21, 2008,
Page 1 of 2