Well, I took my old HSS Squire Strat and refinished it, now I need some loot to make it play and sound as good as it looks.

Pickups:
I'm thinking about a SD Invader for the bridge, but what should I get for the singles? I would be looking for the most beautiful cleans possible for at least one of them.

Tuners:
What's a good type of locking tuners to get?

Bridge/Tremolo:
Anything I can buy to replace that horrible trem that is in there now, so I can keep in tune?

Help appreciated, guys
by the time you spend money upgrading all those things on your Squire, you can get a much better guitar...just my suggestion.
Quote by Ghold125
by the time you spend money upgrading all those things on your Squire, you can get a much better guitar...just my suggestion.

+1

Sell the squire and get something else already setup the way you want it..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+1

Sell the squire and get something else already setup the way you want it..

screw both of them and fix up your custom guitar.

new pickups are pointless without a good amp, so if you must have a new pickup and pickguard combo. get a cheap prewired setup from guitarfetish.

a set of grover are about 45 bucks.

as for your bridge, you can stick with it or fill the hole with wood, paint over it, drill some holes through (if you plan on reusing your bridge) to disable having a trem altogether.
but if it's just tuning stability you want, your culprit is most likely your nut, lube it up with some graphite or buy a new, better nut.

So that's $35 for the prewired pickguard (unless you actually do have a good amp and spend more on pickups)
$45 for tuners
$10 or so for a nut

so $90 + shipping and you got a descent little custom guitar that was once a squire.

<sarcasm>yeah you can buy such a great second guitar for $90 </sarcasm>
Last edited by _Sanitarium_ at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by _Sanitarium_
screw both of them and fix up your custom guitar.

new pickups are pointless without a good amp, so if you must have a new pickup and pickguard combo. get a cheap prewired setup from guitarfetish.

a set of grover are about 45 bucks.

as for your bridge, you can stick with it or fill the hole with wood, paint over it, drill some holes through (if you plan on reusing your bridge) to disable having a trem altogether.
but if it's just tuning stability you want, your culprit is most likely your nut, lube it up with some graphite or buy a new, better nut.

So that's $35 for the prewired pickguard (unless you actually do have a good amp and spend more on pickups)
$45 for tuners
$10 or so for a nut

so $90 + shipping and you got a descent little custom guitar that was once a squire.

<sarcasm>yeah you can buy such a great second guitar for $90 </sarcasm>

Once was a Squire? Its still a squire no matter how you dress her up.... lol

And $90 bucks?

Try....
New Trem $100+
Invader $80
Two singles $100+
Tuners $60+

Total $340+

The guys is looking way beyond $90 bucks here... And your just telling him to slap in some medicore pickups and tuners and your a savor lol

Vs. Taking the $340 he would spend sell the guitar for $100 so that takes him up to $440 for a really decent guitar.