I'm gettin' a B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock for Christmas, just 'cause I love the feel and look of it. Later on (after I buy my friend's Peavy Envoy 110) I'm gonna switch out the pups for an EMG 81/60 set up (like James Hetfield). So, I just wanna know, how does one go around switching and putting in active humbuckers in an ax that came w/passive humbuckers.
no point in swapping pups unless you have a decent (tube) amp
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Replace everything - apart from the jack and switch.

If your local tech is nice and easy like mine - id go to one of them to replace them - i got my guitars done for £20 ($35-40) a time (including parts) and it saves having dead solder joints etc

I have no time to mess about with things like that - if you chose to do it yourself - get a good s.iron i.e 40w+, some good solder and all the tools - plus the correct pots
i got the same guitar pretty much except the metal master version and i had a emg 81 put in i didnt buy the 85 yet but the guy at guitar center did all the work, it cost me 45$ to get it installed so ya. but there is defintly a sound difference even in solid state amps which is what im using
Quote by total0wnage
i got the same guitar pretty much except the metal master version and i had a emg 81 put in i didnt buy the 85 yet but the guy at guitar center did all the work, it cost me 45$ to get it installed so ya. but there is defintly a sound difference even in solid state amps which is what im using

Dude, thanks for the info!