ok i already know there is a bass whammy but its too expensive and it would have to fly through the ocean to get to me.

i want to get a normal one and use it with bass. anybody done this? i havent:p i need opinions.
Do you live near any Guitar Centers? They've all got them with all the other Digitech stuff.

I've tried the Red Whammy through a bass and did not like the way it sounded at all. May have just been my taste.
Popped my GAS bubble a long time ago when I tried it out.
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Wojtus
it would have to fly through the ocean to get to me.

???
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I don't know much about a bass whammy bar, but I can't really see it being possible. The springs would have to be gigantic, so even if a regular one would work you would most likely have to heavily mod it anyways.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
???

you can only buy them on ebay USA. im from Europe.
Quote by 1010
I don't know much about a bass whammy bar, but I can't really see it being possible. The springs would have to be gigantic, so even if a regular one would work you would most likely have to heavily mod it anyways.

They have bass whammy bars. But if ts was talking about a Whammy pedal, they have bass ones too.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by 1010

I think by "whammy" he means the Digitech Whammy Pedal.
I would think it would sound like ass.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It's kind of redundant really. It's range is two octaves either way. Two octaves up will sound like a normal guitar, and two octaves down will sound, well, awful.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Dean Cadillac
Gibson SG
Custom-made V

Amp:
Randall RM100M

FX:
Boss TU2 Tuner
Jim Dunlop Zakk Wylde Sig. Crybaby Wah
Digitech "The Weapon"
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Digitech Synth Wah
Digitech Whammy
Quote by 1010

Actually, it can be done. And Washburn actually makes a bass with a whammy stock.
It cuts a bit of low end, and the tracking gets poor on the lower frets of the E string (and below). However, it does still work.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Manbag
It's kind of redundant really. It's range is two octaves either way. Two octaves up will sound like a normal guitar, and two octaves down will sound, well, awful.

The string thickness, pickups and amp would give it a different tone.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I would think it would sound like ass.

You thought right, my friend. I have one, and it is, to date, the worst bass related purchase I have made. The only thing that comes close is my EHX bassballs, and the only bad thing about that is that it doesn't work very well with active electronics (and by that I mean it is completely overpowered). Not that I've made many bad gear purchasing decisions, just that that was a stupid mistake.

I don't see why a bass whammy would even be very useful. In fact, guitar whammies (with guitar, I mean) have limited use, really only good for a synthy, processed RATM type sound.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by Wojtus
ok i already know there is a bass whammy but its too expensive and it would have to fly through the ocean to get to me.

i want to get a normal one and use it with bass. anybody done this? i havent:p i need opinions.

Fly THROUGH the ocean....whoa...you might have just blown my mind!
Quote by kugelspot
You thought right, my friend. I have one, and it is, to date, the worst bass related purchase I have made. The only thing that comes close is my EHX bassballs, and the only bad thing about that is that it doesn't work very well with active electronics (and by that I mean it is completely overpowered). Not that I've made many bad gear purchasing decisions, just that that was a stupid mistake.

I don't see why a bass whammy would even be very useful. In fact, guitar whammies (with guitar, I mean) have limited use, really only good for a synthy, processed RATM type sound.

1. did you ever listen to Tool. if yes then there is your answer. if not go and listen to some Tool like the song Vicarous for example.

2. not true. you only need to know how to use it right. good example is Joe Satriani - Searching.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I actually had alot of fun with a digitech guitar whammy it didnt loose two much low end when you oput it on standard and sounded pretty cool two octaves up and the otheres were good and bad. Digitech guitar whammys are good to have some fun with but not for serious playing.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I'm thinking but could he mean a bass tremolo bridge? As there often referred to as 'whammy' bars.

TS do you want this:

or this:

Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
I had a lot of fun with it but as i said it wouldnt be that practilale for serious use or getting a good bass wah sound.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i already have a wah and overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedal (mxr blowtorch). i want to combine these with whammy