Hey I just bought a BOSS DS-2 and FS-5L latching footswitch. THe thing is that the footswitch's LED is broken and doesn't turn on. Are there any quick easy ways I could fix this at home and would I do it?
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
same happened to my marshal overdrive. all i did was undo the screws and solder the wires back to it took me awhile to tell which wire was for which light tho
Quote by Brother_Azrael
The easiest way would be to go straight back to the shop and have it replaced

Well I bought straight from a guy, not a shop. And yes I knew it was broken before I bought it.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Should be an easy fix, the only two things I've seen kill and LED is if the soldering connections so bad, or possibly, if the pedal isn't properly grounded. But that was a weird problem. Chances are you'll just have to resolder something.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
LED's are one of the easiest fixes...just remember that it's a diode and as such has a polarity...meaning it won't work if you put it in backwards. and as long as you're putting a new one in, you can pick the color you want for the new one....BONUS!
Hey,

I have this very old BOSS CE-2 that belongs to a friend and I have the same problem, the LED doesn't work. However, I've desoldered it and connected it to a 9V battery and it lights up.

I used a multimeter to measure the voltage of the wires that connect to the LED and it shows about 1,8 - 2V. Is this correct? All the solderings look ok to me.

Any sugestions/ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by OST at Dec 21, 2008,
Hi,

I still couldn't find a solution for this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks