I'm trying to choose between the

Dean Razorback DB or The Dime-o-Flame.

The only drawback of the DB i see is that it has no Floyd. :[

Going for $449.00 [ Razorback DB]

Going for $799.00 [ Dime-o-flame ] The price is toooo high for me.

**EDIT** Jackson MG Series DXMG going for $449.00

Budget is tight, what would you go for?
Please help me :[
Last edited by Knivez0r at Nov 22, 2008,
Well if you don't really need the Floyd, then no need to spend an extra $400 on it. Up to you really.
Hi. I would pick Dime-o-flame cause floyd is so worth it. I recently bought a Jackson Kelly with a floyd and it ****ing rocks. Previously I had a bc rich warlock without a floyd and it isn't as much fun as with a floyd. (The word "floyd" is repeating itself alot here).

But that's only my opinion.

-Jh
How about something that's actually worth the price you pay, like an LTD MH-400 or a Jackson DKMG or an Ibanez S470?
Quote by mustangrobert13
my band mate has the dime o flame, its great. he only paid 550 for it though

Really now?!
I have the db and its a really great guitar but if you want the floyd save up for a more pricey guitar for that because probably all dean guitars have licensed floyd rose tremolos but if you save up enough you can probably get a decent priced original floyd rose. The reason for getting the original is because it stays in tune way better the licensed.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Id go for the DB, but put in different pickups, like whats in the Dime-o-Flame or a Bill Lawrence like what Dime had. IMO, Floyds and trems in general cut down on tone and sustain, and I dont see a huge need for one. But thats just my opinion.
Damnit. I played the Dime-o-flame and fell in love, but i also want a new amp. A Line 6 Spider 3 75watt which is 299! -__- all together its $1,099. MANNNN.
I'd go for the one with the Floyd, personally. (put a D-Tuna on it though). As far as price, just look around online. I got $100 of my Hellraiser by looking around and then doing the price match program at music123.com, so i got an even better discount. Ebay is another option if you don't mind it being used....
really recommend looking into other guitars
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by devit
really recommend looking into other guitars

+1 , and amps. (imo)
I would be inclined just to go for a normal ML79 or similar, it doesn't have dime written on it so it costs less for a better product.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
get a dxmg or a dkmg... they will rape those deans alive
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
I would save the extra buck for the Dime-o-flame.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by devit
get a dxmg or a dkmg... they will rape those deans alive

I just looked up the DXMG, great price point. I need to hear how it sounds or play it and my mind is made up.

Quote by Danno13
How about something that's actually worth the price you pay, like an LTD MH-400 or a Jackson DKMG or an Ibanez S470?

Perfect choice.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516684

Reasonably priced, and it has awesome features. And it doesn't look stupid.

Also, check out craigslist. You can find crazy deals on there. For example, I just got my Marshall TSL122, which was like $2000 new, for $650 with a few minor cosmetic flaws.
Last edited by hardrock1315 at Nov 21, 2008,
So i'm guessing DXMG is not as good as the LTD MH-400 or DKMG. :\ Hmm.
I'd go for the Razorback DB and upgrade it. You don't really need a floyd that often. Just my opinion
Quote by bucketmark
don't get the line 6 spider please, oh please don't get it. if you want a modeling amp get this; http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922877-i1413607.gc

+100000000000000

If you want a modeler this is SUCH a better way to go.

I'd go with the jackson if you want the FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab