Well, hey guys.

I got a secret Santa list from a friend and on the list, the person asked for a tuner and guitar strings.

So I'm just wondering, what's the best kind of strings to get this person? She plays metal stuff, like Nightwish and other bands like Muse and Slayer. She has a beginner Fender...a strato? Not so sure. And she likes to play with thick picks if that helps with anything...

And for a tuner, I have been told before that the Korg CA-30 chromatic tuner was a great tuner. Does anyone else suggest another kind of tuner?

Thanks in advance.
Whooo Slayer!!

Korg CA-30 tuner should do.

String's.. There's such a wide variety, that it would be impossible for me to tell you, it's all up to her.
a little lost.....
D'Addario or Ernie Ball Strings since they play metal, I'd say 11s, 12s, or Heavy top skinny bottoms
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
DR strings are the best strings. By far. You aren't sure what gauge she uses. 10-52 will do everything
Quote by hcsn2008
DR strings are the best strings. By far. You aren't sure what gauge she uses. 10-52 will do everything

+1 on the 10-52 DR's
Gear:

Gibson LP Studio EMG 81/85
Engl P-Ball
Marshall 1960A
M-M-Monstercable Rock
Quote by hcsn2008

Yeah, get the coated ones, they come in different colors. I buy black beauties.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Yeah, I tried out every brand of string possible man. lol Over the years and finally found DR. I can't go back to anything else. DR is just awesome. But they are 8 bucks a pack. At webstrings.com you get damn good strings for like a dollar fifty a pack. They are the same brand as d'addario. They just buy them and don't have the brand name on them. And you can buy like 50 sets and get a discount. It's cheap as hell. I think 50 sets was like 60 bucks at one time.
Quote by DeltaFunk
D'Addario or Ernie Ball Strings since they play metal, I'd say 11s, 12s, or Heavy top skinny bottoms

NO

nononononononono

dont buy d'addarios. buy DRs or elixers

but god forbid. dont buy d'addarios.

no string strictly "plays metal"
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.