What's a strong, cheaper, light, but good quality wood for a guitar body?
Epiphone Les Paul Special Two- White
Black Strat Copy
15 Watt Amp
I think it's a little bit weak but I hear basswood is commonly used in cheap guitars.

Tottally though tthis thread was about something else.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Alder, Mahogany, Basswood. Those are the main three.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
seaple (sp)
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by White_fang
What's a strong, cheaper, light, but good quality wood for a guitar body?

I can't believe no one's mentioned poplar it sounds like alder but must be painted because it's not very good looking. It is also super cheap.
I mean, it must be light weight. IM tired of guitars that weigh aton. IM guessing those are it?
Epiphone Les Paul Special Two- White
Black Strat Copy
15 Watt Amp
Apparently Spanish Cedar has the tonal qualities of mahogany, yet is much much lighter...

...that's the word on the street anyways...
I guess alder is pretty good I see a hole bunch every day so i guess it not that rare there for not expensive. I could go cut one down and mail it to you if you want lol.
Quote by Guitar8000
I guess alder is pretty good I see a hole bunch every day so i guess it not that rare there for not expensive. I could go cut one down and mail it to you if you want lol.

Lol I'm having alot of trouble trying to find some alder. I'm stocking up on all the wood that takes me more than a day to get and I can't find any within 3 hours from me.
Quote by muse-ik
Alder, Mahogany, Basswood. Those are the main three.

This and Ash are the "big Four" of guitar body wood. Maple along with mahogany are most commonly used neck woods, and Rosewood, maple, and Ebony are the most common fretboard woods.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
poplar ftw

If you want to have good looking, buy a figured wood cap

The main body woods are: Alder, Ash, Mahogany
Neck Wood: Mahogany, Maple
Fretboard: Maple, Rosewood, Ebony.
Those are the most common woods, although there are so much more exotic or cheaper woods out there

That reminds me, hows Mango for a neck? I've found nice figured maple on ebay for like $8 each, big enough for one neck.