Okay, so another thread.
I know you can twist two metal cables together and they'll send the signal along,
but can you twist two fiber optic cables (the ones in guitar wiring systems) together?
It doesn't seem like it.

The new neck pickup wire isn't long enough to reach into the cavity, have
any suggestions?
Guitars don't use fiber optic cables....

TBH I have no idea what you're on about, if the wire isn't long enough, solder more on.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
guitar electronics do not use fiber optics.
if the lead is not long enough you can splice more cable on-search youtube for "cable splicing."
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
Fiber optics? What kind of crazy fast internet connection does your guitar get?
I ROFL'D

that is not a fiber optic cable hahahhahaha. its just a shielding for the 4 or 5 wires underneath. or however many are in there. you have to strip that "fiber optics" back enough to get to all of the wires. check your wiring diagram that should have come with the pickups..........
Well Enough Alone
Can someone change the thread name to "I Fail At Correct Terminology"?
K thanks.

LOL well i stripped the insolation off it, and it was like a bunch of REALLY thin metal
cables surrounding a white plastic looking even thinner cable.
personally seeing as you clearly have no clue what your doing (i find it a little confusing too) just bring it to someone.
k sweet.

i dont have that kinda money or
i would'nt have gotten my friend's
old pickups.

but he got here a while ago and knows a bit of what
hes doing.
Quote by kaosfire

lol
Lol, give the kid a break, he's only 14. Hell I have a 15 yo step daughter that don't know how to plunge a toilet.

See if your school has an electronics course and if it does ask the teacher to solder it in for you.
Quote by kaosfire

Is it one of the new Line 6 Ubermetals? I hear the 2009 model now comes with gigabit ethernet built in...
Owned on the Line 6 Ubermetal

That sounds kinda like a pretty regular cable to me. I'd go with the guy that suggested you take it to an electronics teacher at the school, he'd know what to do.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by Jack Carver
Is it one of the new Line 6 Ubermetals? I hear the 2009 model now comes with gigabit ethernet built in...

Whats ironic is his guitar has a ****ty sound card

Edit: TS, im not making fun of you personally, its just amusing that you gave me a chance to flaunt my nerdiness. Thanks man.

I hope ur axe sounds sweet once shes done.
Aww.

LOLOLOL.

In conclusion, after completely failing in more than one
way, I shall go to the music store tomorrow.
lol fiber optics lol

the word "optic" in there should be a big enough hint its not a guitar related part
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.