could i tune down to drop B tuning with 10 gauge strings?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

IBANEZ IJX30

a 100 dollar guitar that plays like a 500 dollar guitar
you could, but it would sound terrible and be all floppy. get some 12's if you wanna go that low.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I'd go out and buy a set of strings for a 7-string guitar and just discard the high e (or keep it for future use). 7-string guitars are tuned to B.

If you're not going to stay in B-tuning for a long time, then downtune some 12s or maybe 11s.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
I'd go out and buy a set of strings for a 7-string guitar and just discard the high e (or keep it for future use). 7-string guitars are tuned to B.

If you're not going to stay in B-tuning for a long time, then downtune some 12s or maybe 11s.

the OP may have some issues with intonation and neck tension when using the 7 string set. Myself I'd go with the 12s, but check your intonation/ action/ neck curve when you throw on the new set, just to be safe.
The hip cat says; "Mhm, okay, I can groove wit' this"
Quote by fusionsan
the OP may have some issues with intonation and neck tension when using the 7 string set. Myself I'd go with the 12s, but check your intonation/ action/ neck curve when you throw on the new set, just to be safe.

Agreed. My old band used to do this. That is buy a seven string set and slap into onto a six string. Unless you have the right tech or you have talent in setting up your guitar, I would go with the thickest 6 string set you can find. Though it may not pack the punch, I believe it'll get the job done with much less damage to your geetar.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by wolfeman85
could i tune down to drop B tuning with 10 gauge strings?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

IBANEZ IJX30

a 100 dollar guitar that plays like a 500 dollar guitar

up at the top left of the screen, opposite of the searchbar, is a little link that says control panel, click it, then on the left click edit signature. enjoy.