Page 1 of 2
so...my last thread noone answered me...so here it is again

ok so i want a guitar and it has to be new b/c my dad does not like to buy used things....and it has to be at guitarcenter.com...it cant be used....
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Uh, 200 dollars can't get you much
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Quote by KennethJay
Uh, 200 dollars can't get you much

i know...

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Wait.. can you buy used?
Sorry, but honestly tell your dad it would be a waste of money. Not trying to be rude or anything.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
for 200$, ur gonna have to get an imitation Strat, A.K.A. the worst guitars on the planet
you are looking at a ibanez GIO or a squire and thats it.

just play the one you got and wait for a better one.
Quote by shredforbread33
Wait.. can you buy used?
Sorry, but honestly tell your dad it would be a waste of money. Not trying to be rude or anything.

b/c my dad gets the money like a week before christmas and he does not want to go hunting for a new guitar...oh and on a used guitar this is no returning it

Quote by Prophet of Page
squier, dean, some epiphone, and a few esp guitars (but the esp's are from musiciansfriend.com and not from gc)
im saving up for an acoustic atm and theyre cheaper than a electric (that is what you want rite?) and i only got $390 at them moment and thats nowhere near enuf so keep saving
how much are the dano reissues, anyone know? cause theyre pretty cheap and have a great tone ( not so good if you wanna play metal though...)
Squier Strat? That's really all i can thinkk of
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
save your many bud. Another 200 bucks added on to what u already have can buy you a real (mexican) fender, or a decent ibanez.

200 bucks wont get you anything much better than what u already have.
what type of music do you play.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by sharpant
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1003967 Sigh

If you want my opinion get a mexican strat or a second hand Ibanez S series

yea srry but noone actually answered my question they just said save up...and guess what i cant and my family is not f**kin filthy rich...

EDIT: i play rock like gnr acdc and metallica

Quote by Prophet of Page
Last edited by eahilder at Nov 21, 2008,
Did you listen to anyones suggestions here?

Ibanez S
Mexican Strat
Yahaha pacifica
Epiphone
Low end ESP'S

Have you looked these guitars up to see if they suit you?
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by eahilder
yea srry but noone actually answered my question they just said save up...and guess what i cant and my family is not f**kin filthy rich...

I answered you f*ckin' question!
Quote by eahilder

you dont have to be rich to save money retard

get a job and youll make 200 dollars in a week.

until then stop making stupid threads, and then bitching about our opinions
Quote by Tedward
you dont have to be rich to save money retard

get a job and youll make 200 dollars in a week.

until then stop making stupid threads, and then bitching about our opinions

srry but i am too young for a job...and srry if i sound mad it is just the fact that there is ussually never a straight answer here....you all say go used go to mf when i already said it has to be from gc...srry if i pissed you off

Quote by Prophet of Page
Don't waste your money or time. My pickups cost more. Show your Dad this thread and get him to let you buy something used.
Check out Agile guitars at www.rondomusic.com

If your budget is a little flexible, then maybe you can push for something like this.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
i cant go used my dad wont let me i have tried about 10 times to let me and he said no b/c you cant return it and it would be scratched up

Quote by Prophet of Page
yeah, ask your dad if you can chip in a bit (go halves or something). If you can get a Squier Classic Vibe Strat (either 50's or 60s).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
yeah, ask your dad if you can chip in a bit (go halves or something). If you can get a Squier Classic Vibe Strat (either 50's or 60s).

lol...trust me i have tried everything to get something better..i have asked to go used...chip in..just have the money but he said no

Quote by Prophet of Page
For less than 200 dollars the Pacifica gets my vote.

There's no such thing as too young for a job, it just means you get different jobs.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
For less than 200 dollars the Pacifica gets my vote.

There's no such thing as too young for a job, it just means you get different jobs.

i mow during the summer but i cant mow now...lol

Quote by Prophet of Page
so then make sure your new guitar has 2 humbuckers and a fixed bridge.

walk into GC and see what they have. probably only like 2 guitars like that will even be in stock.

you'll do better if you order from a guitar site online. at least then, you'll have a larger selection.

example
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-Idol-Series-WI15-Electric-Guitar?sku=515951
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
um, your dad is being stubborn. seriously, tell him that it's hard to find anything reasonably good for $200 and that with just $100 from you that you can get a very nicely made guitar.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Well if you have no options, just go to guitar center and get the one that seems best to you. Try to get a good salesman and try out all of the options. When you get a bit older you can get a better one. At least you will have a guitar.
Quote by eahilder
srry but i am too young for a job...and srry if i sound mad it is just the fact that there is ussually never a straight answer here....you all say go used go to mf when i already said it has to be from gc...srry if i pissed you off

Tell your dad that musiciansfriend and guitarcenter are actually owned by the same company...
Quote by oneblackened
um, your dad is being stubborn. seriously, tell him that it's hard to find anything reasonably good for $200 and that with just $100 from you that you can get a very nicely made guitar.

he thinks that 300 dollars is for someone that is a "pro" at guitar

Quote by Prophet of Page
Quote by eahilder
he thinks that 300 dollars is for someone that is a "pro" at guitar

...wow... It's really not. About $600+ is "pro" ish.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
...wow...

oh and that for 200 dollars there is not just a guitar that is one "knotch" above mine and i just said that whats the point of doing that b/c it 6 months ill want a better one b/c the one thats just a knotch would still be crap

Quote by Prophet of Page
Maybe when you get your dad in the shop he will understand more, show him some of the $3,000 guitars.
If you don't already have a guitar, then try buying something else that you want.

If you already have one but you really don't like it, save up some more and get an Epiphone Les Paul Standard or a SG G-400.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
exactly, tempoe.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Page 1 of 2