DiMarzio Tone Zone in bridge: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Tone-Zone-Pickup?sku=302430

DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in neck: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP156-Humbucker-From-Hell?sku=302420

Here's what I'm wanting: I want a nice, deep tone in the bridge that sounds rich under distortion, and a versatile pup in the neck for:
- Blues (clean/coil-tapped)
- Regular/Harder Rock (distorted)

Will this pup combo give me what I'm looking for? Also, what are F-holes, that comes up in the options for selecting pickups...?
the Tone Zone is NOT what you are looking for.

I would go with:
bridge pup : Dimarzio D-sonic
neck pup : Dimarzio Humbucker from hell. Great pickup.

In my profile the clean laney vc-30 clip is the humbucker from hell for the first half, then the D-sonic the second part.
The distorted laney vc-30 clip is d-sonic at first and humbucker from hell at the very end. which really doesn't show any of the potential of the d-sonic unfortunately.

F-spaced means spaced for a tremolo equipped guitar.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Last edited by JLT73 at Nov 21, 2008,
Maybe the Breed in the bridge instead of the D-Sonic.

I agree about the Tone Zone, I've recommended it once to someone but that's because I was absolutely sure, basically he wanted something loud, noisy, brash and impolite
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 22, 2008,
i say X2Ns
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by -Blue-
The only D-sonic I can find on MF is a seven-string pickup. And it seems like the Breed makes your guitar sound more like a strat, is this true?

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP207-Drop-Sonic-Pickup?sku=309370

not true
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by devit
i say X2Ns

Nah, those are awesome for metal but not too great for anything else.
Quote by -Blue-
Oh, got it. I just typed in D Sonic... does it matter which way you orient this, as in upside-down or right side up? (that goes for any pups, but mostly this one)

tone is very different with this based upon orientation.

from the Dimarzio site "With the solid bar toward the bridge, the sound is a little brighter and better-defined, and this is the direction we recommend for heavy strings and low tunings. With the adjustable polepieces toward the bridge, the sound is warmer and a touch louder, and we think this works best for standard tuning and more solo-oriented playing."
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
tone is very different with this based upon orientation.

from the Dimarzio site "With the solid bar toward the bridge, the sound is a little brighter and better-defined, and this is the direction we recommend for heavy strings and low tunings. With the adjustable polepieces toward the bridge, the sound is warmer and a touch louder, and we think this works best for standard tuning and more solo-oriented playing."

ok. Thanks for the help!
Quote by -Blue-
The only D-sonic I can find on MF is a seven-string pickup. And it seems like the Breed makes your guitar sound more like a strat, is this true?

Where on earth did you get that idea from, in fact if you put a Breed IN a strat it'd probably makes your guitar sound just about as unstratlike as is possible.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com