So its almost Christmas and my parents asked me what i wanted, and i had no idea, so i went to my local guitar dealer and he is selling a Line 6 Spider III 120 watt combo amp with footswitch for $250. The tag said "used" but i couldnt visibly see anything wrong with it. He said i can come in any time and give 'er a try. What are your opinions on this amp? I play anything from Black Sabbath to Guns N' Roses to Killswitch Engage to AC/DC. Any info would be much appreciated.
do you want an enlarged practice amp?

what's your budget and what kinds of music do you play?
if you like it, then go for it.

my guitar teacher uses that amp as a backup to his bassman, so it cant be all bad, i like the sounds myself, it just takes a little tweaking.

so spend some time with it, if it does what you want, jump on it.
im a blues man, but a good man, understand?
i have the 15 watt, and love it, beautiful, and sturdy, pump out tones that cannot be drastically changed though, that's my only beef with mine, but the 120 amp should have more options, i say buy it.
Gear:
Dean VX
Line 6 Spider 3 15 watt

"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin

"It is just that heavy metal musicians write in minor keys, and when you do that, you frighten people."
-Ronnie James Dio
Budget isnt much at all. Probably nothing over $250. I play Classic Rock - Modern Metal and everything in between I think all i need is a practice am for now because i dont play with a drummer yet, just me and the bassist.
Get one of the 5 watt tube amps by Fender or Epiphone, it will be worth it I promise! It will be loud enough
If your budget is $250 look for Roland Cubes and Vox AD30VT (No XL).

They're much better than the Spiders.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by SylvaShredder
Get one of the 5 watt tube amps by Fender or Epiphone, it will be worth it I promise! It will be loud enough

Wont do modern metal though.
Go for a Roland Cube
I own a 15w Spider III and I am not happy with it. It puts out decent clean sounds, but if you turn it to the "insane" setting, the distortion is terrible. I only use it for a monitor for drumming. I use my Peavey Rage158 instead.

For around the same price range, I would suggest the Epiphone Valve Junior Half Stack (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Jr-HalfStack?sku=481475)

I know it says it is only 5 watts, but this thing is quite loud. It could easily compete with a 15w or maybe even a 30w.

If not that, I would also suggest a Vox AD30VT (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959)
It is a great tube amp.

Keep these two suggestions in mind.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
I agree, Just heard a cube for the first time yesterday, fantastic sounding little amp, with a lot of versatility, highly recommend it.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by Ghold125

Fixed. The 75 will be more similar in power honestly.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i had a spider 15, hated it. It's very digital sounding, I love the pure sound of a tube amp, no pedals. the cleans are crap, the distortion was crap and the effects where more crap.

I'd stay away if I was you.
Far. Far. FAR. away.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by austinarcadium

If not that, I would also suggest a Vox AD30VT (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959)
It is a great Hybrid amp.
Keep these two suggestions in mind.

fix'd
Vypyr 30 gets my vote also, you won't need more as you're not gigging.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
The Vibro Champ is good if you don't care about the extra few watts and the clean channel as well.