Poll: Should women have to register for the draft as men do?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should women have to register for the draft as men do?
Yes
50 75%
No
17 25%
Voters: 67.
So I was over at Kenyon the other day (local college, pretty liberal). I struck up a conversation with a girl that I know is pretty feminist. Now, being the way I am, I'll argue something just to argue (6 years of mock trial ****s you up lol).

So we're arguing about equality etc (note that I'm TOTALLY for equal rights) and I'm sitting there and I was just like, "Ok, if you want to be my equal, should you, nay, WOULD you, sign up for the draft when you were 18, just as I have to do? "

I don't think she knew what to say. That concept is pretty scary - you're giving the country the ability to put your life on pause and throw you into a battle with a gun whenever they may choose.

So pit, I ask you, what are YOUR feelings on this?

vvv BEFORE CUSSING ME OUT IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT, READ THIS vvv

*Note: Believe me, this is not to start sex arguments etc, just wondering how people feel about it. This is not necessarily something I believe in, either.

EDIT: Please guys, this is no place to argue if the draft is wrong/right, and don't bring up iraq.
Last edited by edusty2010 at Nov 21, 2008,
Yes, they get all the benefits of freedom, they should have all the responsibilities too.
if guys have to then girls should have to
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
Quote by Beakwithteeth
No one should have to register for the draft, because there should never be a draft.

Exactly. I support the soldiers fighting the wars, however (especially with the war in Iraq) I do not support the war itself. It really shouldn't be fought, and therefore there really shouldn't ever be a draft to sign up for.
It's sexist not to make them sign up
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
y not? i dont like the idea of signing up for the draft when im 18 but i guess its neccesary

and if i do get picked i could always flee to mexico
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
they wanted equality, they got it. sign up bitches
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Once day, a long long time ago,

The was a woman who didn't nag, whine or bitch.

But that was a long time ago and only on that one day.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by gun4hire
they wanted equality, they got it. sign up bitches

This
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I always have this arguement with one of my friends. I treat her just like everyone, but she says that I don't. I think that if she wants equal rights and ****, she can't use the fact that she's a girl for every little problem. She's one of a kind though, women are generally not like that. She complains about everything.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
No, because women cannot be infantry and cannot be placed in combat situations, given that there are some women officers that can be
Quote by Beakwithteeth
No one should have to register for the draft, because there should never be a draft.

Yes, but in the current environment, men are being discriminated against by being forced to sign up. To rectify that, it should be made optional or women should be forced to sign up.
This is one of the reasons the Equal Right Amendment didn't pass in the 60's... Women don't want to be drafted, but they want every other bit of equality as men.

I agree with a post a few places above mine, no one should have to register for the draft, but if men are forced into it then women should be too.

Quote by DANZIG767
No, because women cannot be infantry and cannot be placed in combat situations, given that there are some women officers that can be

There is much more to the military than infantry. They don't have to be put in combat roles, there is many other positions for them to fill.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by Beakwithteeth

There should never have to be a draft. But without it the allies might have lost WW2.

The draft should be absolute last case scenario if there are no troops to fight or not enough to protect the people of a country.
There's no point for any war, and I don't think anyone should have to sign up.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by Shirate
It's sexist not to make them sign up

whats wrong with being sexy?

No, because then I'll have to go to war, and that doesn't sound like very much fun.

Anyway, all of my female frriends and I are weak as hell and have dreadful co-ordination. If we fought for our country, it would lose.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Nov 21, 2008,
Quote by Abunai X
No, because then I'll have to go to war, and I don't want to.

Seriously, I'd much rather just stay home and cook.

Do you like your freedom? Maybe you should just move to Saudi Arabia.
Quote by black-sabbath
There's no point for any war, and I don't think anyone should have to sign up.

How many times will you let somebody punch you in the face before you react?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Beakwithteeth

exactly.

It's like saying, if I have to risk my life for something against my will, shouldn't a girl have to also? NO! Because neither of you should have to.
I think they should but if there are children then one parent should be left behind.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls