I can play powerchords good and fast and everything but after playing them for a really long time without stopping my hand starts to hurt. (Like not sore or tired but actually hurt)

Is this just a matter of endurance or does this mean mean I should work on my hand position?
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
this happens to me too when i play power chords (also when i do bar chords). My advice is to just shake your hand ever once and a while to get blood flowing again. That's what I do, at least...
that'll fade after time. To aid it in the future, always stretch your hands thoroughly before playing and DO NOT crack your knuckles. Also try not to play in the cold.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Stop playing, forcing your hands like that is not a good thing. Take a break untill your hand stops hurting
By the power of Greyskull
keep practicing, u wont feel it eventually. how long u been playing for?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
i get this too when playing power chords. it's that one position. i still haven't figured it out. oh well i guess it aids for more nuances in songs.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Probably just an awkward hand position, try and find something comfortable
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
is it like a sharp pain in your palm??
kuz if it is its just cramping up
it happened a lot to me too
it probably will go away after a while of playing
i've been playing for 2 years
it doesnt happen no more
Last edited by Death22x at Nov 21, 2008,
if you do powerchords by barring then it's stress and you should rest your hand. eventually your strength will go up. if you chord them with three fingers, i dunno, shouldn't do that.
Quote by athlete1
if you do powerchords by barring then it's stress and you should rest your hand. eventually your strength will go up. if you chord them with three fingers, i dunno, shouldn't do that.

i use 3 fingers but sometimes it happens even with just the fifth and no octave.

for those who asked, i've had a guitar for 2 years but in that time there have been periods of a month or more when i didn't play and i really didn't progress at all. i started learning seriously (practicing every day) relatively recently.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...