So i'm listening to Paradise City Live at the Rits in 88, and the new album is coming out sunday, they can't call it off now, and I'm both excited and dissapointed. Basically, how do think Chinese Democracy compares to the Appetite and Lies stuff? If you haven't heard it, it's all on the myspace page.
In my opinion, it's just as good, if not better, than classic Guns N' Roses. The album has a multitude of styles and emotion, and everything's pulled off perfectly. Axl's voice still sounds incredible and all the instruments blend together perfectly. Just.. wow. The whole thing is ****ing astounding. Every track stands out and sounds awesome. Sorry gives me chills, and I love how the album closes with Prostitute's uplifting fade-out. Good stuff.
Quote by Bryon Shea
Why?
I'm not challenging you, I'm just asking why.

Why do I prefer the guitars on this album to most of the old stuff?
I dunno, it's more interesting to me, and adds more to the songs than Slash's cool little pentatonic runs(which I do enjoy now and then, but it's really predictable).

/cue 'yeah but you're an idiot cuz slash has loads of emotion' comments.
i think the studio techs had their work cut out for them, axl lost his great voice in the 90's from smokin and drinkin so much..... ugh
-Jake Blackwood
Their sound has definently evolved. Much more keyboards/electronica stuff. I like them both, but for different reasons. Apparently I'm sorta like Axl, so I like both things.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Why do I prefer the guitars on this album to most of the old stuff?
I dunno, it's more interesting to me, and adds more to the songs than Slash's cool little pentatonic runs(which I do enjoy now and then, but it's really predictable).

/cue 'yeah but you're an idiot cuz slash has loads of emotion' comments.

slash did have loads of emotion, but you're right that it has more interestion stuff. Some anyway. I do enjoy slash's work better than any other lead guitarist (in GNR) work, tho. I'm a blued rock guitarist.

BTW, this is really an online discussion. I'm going between this and my youtube GNR vids.
Quote by Bryon Shea
slash did have loads of emotion, but you're right that it has more interestion stuff. Some anyway. I do enjoy slash's work better than any other lead guitarist (in GNR) work, tho. I'm a blued rock guitarist.

BTW, this is really an online discussion. I'm going between this and my youtube GNR vids.

Yeah I'm a more of a blues rock guitarist too. From the way people go on about the new GNR players, they make it sound like Slash is the only guitarist in the world who can portray emotion.
I'm sorry, but I feel a lot more involved and 'emotionally involved' with a song like 'If The World' than the majority of anything with Slosh's name on it.
Chinese Democracy is so different from the other's it can't be compared.. It's a new band, in a new era, and a new direction. Honestly, it is closer to Black Label Society than Guns 'n' Roses, but not as good as Black Label Society. Had this come out 10 years ago, it would have been AMAZING! But now, it's good, but kinda stock... I'm disappointed...
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Steve The Plank
Yeah I'm a more of a blues rock guitarist too. From the way people go on about the new GNR players, they make it sound like Slash is the only guitarist in the world who can portray emotion.
I'm sorry, but I feel a lot more involved and 'emotionally involved' with a song like 'If The World' than the majority of anything with Slosh's name on it.

Yea, I know what ya mean, but it can be loads of fun to solo like slash.

I always feel sorta embarassed when I say I like slash, because it seems like people think only 10 y/os guitar hero kids like slash, and then I get mad at myself for getting embarassed. But I still like him.
eh? What makes ya saw that ?(please, nobody hate on this guy) (and nobody hate on me for saying that)
Quote by Bryon Shea
Yea, I know what ya mean, but it can be loads of fun to solo like slash.

I always feel sorta embarassed when I say I like slash, because it seems like people think only 10 y/os guitar hero kids like slash, and then I get mad at myself for getting embarassed. But I still like him.

Yeah man playing his stuff is definitely lots of fun, and he's one of the few people that has a really recognizable voice in his playing that even people that aren't musicians can identify him with, like players such as Hendrix or Clapton.

And usually people give me **** for not being so hot on him or saying a bad word against him.

There are a couple of tracks on Chinese Democracy I think could have been really sweet, like Scraped and Riad N' the Bedouins, but the vocal hooks are so ****ing lame! There is some classic GNR stuff going on in Scraped, but the vocal harmonies from the intro completely take a dump on the song.
Quote by admiral_akbar
GNR are homo.

and you posted the Jonas Bros are better than the Beatles poll...
you FAIL good sir!
i will NOT tip my hat to you!!!
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by Steve The Plank
Yeah man playing his stuff is definitely lots of fun, and he's one of the few people that has a really recognizable voice in his playing that even people that aren't musicians can identify him with, like players such as Hendrix or Clapton.

And usually people give me **** for not being so hot on him or saying a bad word against him.

There are a couple of tracks on Chinese Democracy I think could have been really sweet, like Scraped and Riad N' the Bedouins, but the vocal hooks are so ****ing lame! There is some classic GNR stuff going on in Scraped, but the vocal harmonies from the intro completely take a dump on the song.

yea, harmonies never really even worked for GNR. Paradise City, maybe, but they didn't do harmonies live. After that, it's just three guys screaming the same words with the same melodies.

I like "Chinese Democracy" itself, but it would have been better if the guitar player (whoever he is now) had used a raw-er tone.
LOVE I.R.S.
The name should be replaced by "Axl and the replacement tools"
Quote by fail
Either you're safe or you've won the whole damn thread.

Quote by CoreysMonster

epic win. total, epic win. this is probably the best OC ever created on UG.

kudos, sir.

kudos.
Quote by jwax
and you posted the Jonas Bros are better than the Beatles poll...
you FAIL good sir!
i will NOT tip my hat to you!!!

He does fail, but no, he said JB are the beatles of our generation, which is true in popularity, not in songwriting ability.

Seriously, no flaming.